"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #111
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Oh, this is getting good. CWS vs PF; Cats vs Chickens. This beats DA. So much drama.
The chicken would keep the cats treed, they are both too skittish. So, I guess I'll have to go to CWS's farm to tutor Myrtle.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #112
Chef Extraordinaire

Myrtle has been practicing so she's in shape for keeping a cat treed. Myrtle, Agnes, and Prudence are the three that perch on the canoe at night. They are also the three the come up with the more creative places to lay their eggs. Once they figure out that I'm on to them, they find a new place. Lately, I have been finding 3 eggs hidden in the bow of the canoe. Unfortunately, to get to the bow, I did have to climb up on the tractor (not an easy feat since the tractor is parked close to the wall--trust me, I have the bruises to prove it). And, getting down without breaking one of the three eggs in one's pocket was equally as challenging. Yesterday there were only 2 eggs in the canoe, both Buff Orpington eggs. Oh-oh, the top hen was onto me. I looked everywhere, could not find the missing egg. I kept hearing this "thumping" noise in the hay loft. "Who is up there?" No response. The hay loft is a place I do not like to go. The ladder is not my favorite. I have visions of myself falling off of it coming down...Anyway, I counted chickens....couldn't find Myrtle. I peaked my head up into the loft right as she peaked her head up from her hiding spot behind a pile of lumber. Yup, Myrtle has decided it is time I overcome my fear of falling off the ladder. She has decided that the loft is a very nice spot to lay her egg. I anticipate the Buffs will follow shortly.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #113
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Myrtle has been practicing so she's in shape for keeping a cat treed. Myrtle, Agnes, and Prudence are the three that perch on the canoe at night. They are also the three the come up with the more creative places to lay their eggs. Once they figure out that I'm on to them, they find a new place. Lately, I have been finding 3 eggs hidden in the bow of the canoe. Unfortunately, to get to the bow, I did have to climb up on the tractor (not an easy feat since the tractor is parked close to the wall--trust me, I have the bruises to prove it). And, getting down without breaking one of the three eggs in one's pocket was equally as challenging. Yesterday there were only 2 eggs in the canoe, both Buff Orpington eggs. Oh-oh, the top hen was onto me. I looked everywhere, could not find the missing egg. I kept hearing this "thumping" noise in the hay loft. "Who is up there?" No response. The hay loft is a place I do not like to go. The ladder is not my favorite. I have visions of myself falling off of it coming down...Anyway, I counted chickens....couldn't find Myrtle. I peaked my head up into the loft right as she peaked her head up from her hiding spot behind a pile of lumber. Yup, Myrtle has decided it is time I overcome my fear of falling off the ladder. She has decided that the loft is a very nice spot to lay her egg. I anticipate the Buffs will follow shortly.
PS--If I were selling eggs, the price would've gone up $1, danger pay--not for the chickens--for ME!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #114
Head Chef

Old 01-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #115
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
PS--If I were selling eggs, the price would've gone up $1, danger pay--not for the chickens--for ME!
Sounds like you need it. BTW, if you do start climbing that ladder to the hayloft while you are out there by yourself, be sure to bring your cell phone. You need to be able to call someone if you fall and can't get up. We don't want you freezing to death or dying of dehydration.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #116
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Sounds like you need it. BTW, if you do start climbing that ladder to the hayloft while you are out there by yourself, be sure to bring your cell phone. You need to be able to call someone if you fall and can't get up. We don't want you freezing to death or dying of dehydration.
+1111111111

Smart Chickens!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #117
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Bad Myrtle! Does she realize all you have sacrificed for her? Her coat of many colors. The prodigal hen. The feathered daughter.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #118
Executive Chef

Did you find her coat up in the loft?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #119
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Did you find her coat up in the loft?
I didn't think to look...but I will tomorrow! I'm almost done with another one...different design...
Old 01-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #120
Executive Chef

If you find the old one, maybe one of the other girls would like to wear it!

Tags
chicken