Chicken Chronicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My heart is breaking for you. I have grown to love the girls even though I have never seen them but through your eyes and stories. I was rooting for Pepples with her leg. I was so afraid that the other chickens would pick on her.

We will miss your Chicken Chronicles. and a big hug to you {{{{Hug}}}}You are not alone with your pain. :wub::wub:

I'm so sorry, CWS.

That incident is why I don't care for dogs. It's not the dogs, but the owners who won't train them to behave.

Oh no, I'm so so sorry :( This breaks my heart but nothing compared to yours. Lots of hugs from WV.

So sad that you will not have the girls. Sorry too for the ones lost. I hope you can find good homes for the rest. I will miss the stories. :(

Oh CWS! This stinks! I am so sorry for this loss :( Shame on "some people" :mad:. I will miss your chicken stories and my heart is breaking for you. PM me if you need to vent. Thinking about you and the girls......

So sorry to hear this CWS :(

Sad, sad day yesterday. The DH came by, with his dogs, to saw some firewood. His dog (who has pissed on my furniture, ripped my curtains, scratched my walls, fought with my foster dog) killed mini Millie and Pebbles yesterday--but he's "good" with the DH's flock--right.

I have the girls listed for sale. I have s/one interested in Millie, Penny, Henny, Eggatha, and Prudence. It breaks my heart. The DH is not willing to manage his dog (the dog has also killed a neighbour's cat and kittens), has growled at me...etc The DH is not willing to manage his dog or train it--it is a good dog--right. I said that he should consider leash-walking, crating, not letting the dog out on the property when the girls are out. He can't (won't) do that to the dog--instead he will let it kill my chickens. I have tolerated said dog--and, I love dogs, but not this dog--he is not a nice dog, but could be if his owner would be willing to set boundaries and train him--not willing to do that. Killing Pebbles and Mini Millie was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I need the DH to help with stuff around the house, but he won't do anything re: managing his chicken-killing dog and I can't put more of the girls at risk. I have requested that the people who buy them buy them as pets....we'll see. And yes, it hurts that the dog is more important than I am or our relationship.

Mods, could you please close this thread tomorrow? Thanks.

That's like the duck dance, right? All we need is an accordion, a tuba, and CWS.

Here's a Hooray for PF! (She probably wouldn't want the Hip Hip part.)

:):):):):)

I had asked my youngest son Poo to get me some fresh farm eggs. He was going crazy trying to find some. All the farms near his home didn't have any. So he called me. That is when I remembered that chickens slow down their egg production in the winter due to the shorter days. (That why the big companies keep their chickens inside with the lights on 24/7.) I had to give him a lesson on chickens. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom