"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #281
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
They look like they are settling right in and are at home. The girls know that they are not your run-of-the-mill chickens. I have this image of you pulling out your wallet and showing pictures of your children. CHICKENS!
Nah--I carry my bank card and driver's license in my pocket...but I do have my camera with me almost all the time and I've been known to show people pictures of the girls!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #282
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Nah--I carry my bank card and driver's license in my pocket...but I do have my camera with me almost all the time and I've been known to show people pictures of the girls!
Now that is funny!

Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #283
Chef Extraordinaire

People who know me, just can't believe I'm such a "country girl" and have chickens to boot. What can I say?
Old 05-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #284
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
People who know me, just can't believe I'm such a "country girl" and have chickens to boot. What can I say?
My fondest memories of my whole life are when I lived on a farm. If I drove, I would spend my last days in the country.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #285
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
My fondest memories of my whole life are when I lived on a farm. If I drove, I would spend my last days in the country.
And why not get a driver's license--the handicapped equipped vehicles are often funded by organizations...or would you be a terror behind the wheel? My grandma got her license at the age of 70 after my grandpa died. Mind you, she didn't drive far, but she could drive around the little town where she lived and out in the country to visit friends.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #286
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
And why not get a driver's license--the handicapped equipped vehicles are often funded by organizations...or would you be a terror behind the wheel? My grandma got her license at the age of 70 after my grandpa died. Mind you, she didn't drive far, but she could drive around the little town where she lived and out in the country to visit friends.
I don't see the yellow line like everyone else. It always looks like it is to the far left to me. I would be driving head on into coming traffic. I only have vision in one eye. What little vision I have in my left eye, distorts every thing I see with it. So most of the time I keep it closed. I couldn't pass the eye test.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #287
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I don't see the yellow line like everyone else. It always looks like it is to the far left to me. I would be driving head on into coming traffic. I only have vision in one eye. What little vision I have in my left eye, distorts every thing I see with it. So most of the time I keep it closed. I couldn't pass the eye test.
Sorry to hear that. I was surprised when I went to get my ON license to be in line behind s/one who was deaf. I didn't realize a deaf person could get a license.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #288
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I was surprised when I went to get my ON license to be in line behind s/one who was deaf. I didn't realize a deaf person could get a license.
I had a girlfriend who was trying to teach me to drive. I went to turn a corner and almost put us in a ditch. She suggested I try walking more.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #289
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, the girls can't be too stressed--I just brought in 12 eggs. Don't know if anyone has shoved "Miss Broody" over and deposited an egg with her for safe keeping or not. We are on day 4 of Miss Broody not coming out of her box except for a very short period of time about once a day to grab a quick bite to eat and some water. You would think Rocky could take over so she could come out and enjoy some sunshine, fresh grass, and companionship.

On another note, I love having the windows open and hearing the girls as they find new things, succeed in laying an egg, coo at one another, etc. I think Myrtle has figured out which room I am most likely in--every so often she comes and purrs under the window. I, of course, respond with "hi, what are you doing? Do you want to come in?" A couple of times, she's come up on the deck after that...perhaps I give her too much credit...but, she is special <g>.

At the farm, they were usually too far from the house for me to hear them purr...Now, I sometimes feel as if I'm eavesdropping on a private conversation and should recluse myself!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #290
Chef Extraordinaire

That purring sound can be so comforting. It is like they are telling you that their world is just fine.

Tags
chicken