"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
Oh, they work for stale bread and their eggshells. They are not hard to please...I hope they like purple...
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #42
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
OMG, you people are insane (in a good way).
Taxlady--you really need a couple of hens...I can probably work my connections and find two or three for you <g>.
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #43
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Taxlady--you really need a couple of hens...I can probably work my connections and find two or three for you <g>.
Thanks, but the other members of my condo association already dislike me because I'm not "suburban enough".
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322
Oh, they work for stale bread and their eggshells. They are not hard to please...I hope they like purple...
I love purple! So is the chicken door installed yet?

Imagine waking up to a freshly laid egg on your pillow....

Hmm. How can they lay eggs on your pillow if they're wearing diapers?
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #45
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I love purple! So is the chicken door installed yet?

Imagine waking up to a freshly laid egg on your pillow....

Hmm. How can they lay eggs on your pillow if they're wearing diapers?
Dawglover, are you egging me on? I hadn't thought of that...but the DH did (the egg in the "poo pouch"). He's nixed the diaper project--but, he's only here on weekends, so I'm sure I can break away from work and DC for a few hours when he's not here to whip up some diappies for the girls. I did counter him with the idea that if I made them out of polar fleece, the girls might stay warmer in the winter...except, they probably would appreciate booties too...
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
Have you ever seen those dogs (and cats) try to walk wearing booties? Gonna start a new chicken dance.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #47
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Dawglover, are you egging me on? I hadn't thought of that...but the DH did (the egg in the "poo pouch"). He's nixed the diaper project--but, he's only here on weekends, so I'm sure I can break away from work and DC for a few hours when he's not here to whip up some diappies for the girls. I did counter him with the idea that if I made them out of polar fleece, the girls might stay warmer in the winter...except, they probably would appreciate booties too...
It's said that a large amount of the body's heat is expelled through the scalp. When Dinky, my cat sleeps with me, he loves to lay right on top of my head on the pillow. It makes me sweat like crazy and I always move him off. Kind of like wearing a heated fur hat while sleeping.

Your ladies might lay that egg right on top of your head!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #48
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
If I can find my knitting needles, I think Harriet and Myrtle might go outside in the snow if they had the proper attire:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...49627519583&ty
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
If I can find my knitting needles, I think Harriet and Myrtle might go outside in the snow if they had the proper attire:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...49627519583&ty
I can just see you knitting in some chicken panties too!

What next, a pet door?
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I can just see you knitting in some chicken panties too!
Not to mention that they probably would like "hoods" on their attire!

Don't laugh--a friend installed an automatic door so the chickens can go in and out. I'm getting the sense Chicken keepers can be as crazy as dog people...having been a dog person for years, it is small wonder I'd progress to a Chicken keeper at my age...
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chicken

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.