"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #581
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Okay, chicken diapers have made it into AARP...

Pampered Poultry

Hen Holster

Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #582
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Okay, chicken diapers have made it into AARP...

Pampered Poultry

Hen Holster
Somebody has too much time on their hands. Where is CWS?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #583
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Somebody has too much time on their hands. Where is CWS?
Hey, I was just reading Shrek's AARP flyer and spotted chicken diapers...for those retirees that want their chickens in the house.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #584
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Hey, I was just reading Shrek's AARP flyer and spotted chicken diapers...for those retirees that want their chickens in the house.
I prefer the chickens in the hen house with all the other ones. Or even the stew pot would be better.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #585
Chef Extraordinaire

Knock-knock.

Who's there?

Eggna...I want cheese!!!!

(Who said chickens were stupid? It only took one afternoon in the house when she was under the weather for Eggna (Edna) to figure out that good treats are on the other side of that door).

I'm out at the farm waiting for more chicks to hatch....momma is clucking, but no peeping, yet. Soon! The three babies Miss Broody has been tending now have their Rhode Island Red feathers...oh, and Sir Rocky is destined for freezer camp. He's more aggressive then ever--I can't get within 10 feet of the barn when he's out. Good thing I thought to bring my "Rocky" baseball bat with me. Sad, but he's had every opportunity to change his ways (and to think I nursed him back to health last fall and even rocked him and sang to him) . Cocky rooster.

BTW, chickens usually poop the most at night, so when they come in to the house for a visit, they are usually very clean and don't poop.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #586
Executive Chef

When we were little, my bro and I had pet rabbits. We lived on a farm and our dad helped us build a perfectly good rabbit hutch out of chicken wire, nice slatted floor and it was big enough for us to go inside the cage and play with our bunnies. Was that good enough...noooooo. We brought the rabbits into the house one day when mom was not home. And into the living room, which was not a playroom. Rabbit Raisins every where. behind the sofa, etc. I am surprised I don't remember gettin' a lickin' that day. Maybe I blocked it.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #587
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Knock-knock.

Who's there?

(Who said chickens were stupid? It only took one afternoon in the house when she was under the weather for Eggna (Edna) to figure out that good treats are on the other side of that door).

I'm out at the farm waiting for more chicks to hatch....momma is clucking, but no peeping, yet. Soon! The three babies Miss Broody has been tending now have their Rhode Island Red feathers...oh, and Sir Rocky is destined for freezer camp. He's more aggressive then ever--I can't get within 10 feet of the barn when he's out. Good thing I thought to bring my "Rocky" baseball bat with me. Sad, but he's had every opportunity to change his ways (and to think I nursed him back to health last fall and even rocked him and sang to him) . Cocky rooster.

BTW, chickens usually poop the most at night, so when they come in to the house for a visit, they are usually very clean and don't poop.
I was sitter to a grand old lady today, a 15 year old Golden, nice dog. Too hot for her to stay outside in her yard today and her mom can't afford doggy daycare. So we had a good day chatting to residents and showing off her inside and outside voices, sitting, spinning and jumping. She's so good she will do the tricks for anyone.

Anyway...the closest I got to birds today was the Grey Parrot that lives in the activities room, nasty, bitey bird.

Oh yeah! Cheese! Lady, the goldie's name, found out I had cheese in the fridge...I knew they were smart dogs but that smart one had a half pound of Tillamook Cheddar...and I was worried I wouldn't know when she had to go outside.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #588
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Knock-knock.

Who's there?

I am not surprised about Rocky. He has been troublesome since day one. How many chickens, not counting the babies, do you have now?
Old 07-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #589
Executive Chef

Quote:
I was sitter to a grand old lady today, a 15 year old Golden, nice dog. Too hot for her to stay outside in her yard today and her mom can't afford doggy daycare. So we had a good day chatting to residents and showing off her inside and outside voices, sitting, spinning and jumping. She's so good she will do the tricks for anyone.

Anyway...the closest I got to birds today was the Grey Parrot that lives in the activities room, nasty, bitey bird.

Oh yeah! Cheese! Lady, the goldie's name, found out I had cheese in the fridge...I knew they were smart dogs but that smart one had a half pound of Tillamook Cheddar...and I was worried I wouldn't know when she had to go outside.
If my golden retrievers want something, they will find a way to let you know. They are so smart. When Cooper wants out, he goes to the door and tells me. He also has indoor and outdoor voices. Too funny!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #590
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

But does that nasty bird lay eggs? Does it earn its keep like the chickens do?

Tags
chicken