"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Gotta go back out with my camera--Myrtle is attired!
Now this I have to see!!!
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #72
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Hey CWS, I just read this and immediately thought of you and your ladies:

"The consumption of wheatgrass in the Western world began in the 1930s as a result of experiments conducted by Charles F. Schnabel in his attempts to popularize the plant.

Schnabel, an agricultural chemist, conducted his first experiments with young grasses in 1930, when he used fresh cut grass in an attempt to nurse dying hens back to health. The hens not only recovered, but they produced eggs at a higher rate than healthy hens. Encouraged by his results, he began drying and powdering grass for his family and neighbors to supplement their diets. The following year, Schnabel reproduced his experiment and achieved the same results. Hens consuming rations supplemented with grass doubled their egg production."
__________________

__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #73
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Hey CWS, I just read this and immediately thought of you and your ladies:

"The consumption of wheatgrass in the Western world began in the 1930s as a result of experiments conducted by Charles F. Schnabel in his attempts to popularize the plant.

Schnabel, an agricultural chemist, conducted his first experiments with young grasses in 1930, when he used fresh cut grass in an attempt to nurse dying hens back to health. The hens not only recovered, but they produced eggs at a higher rate than healthy hens. Encouraged by his results, he began drying and powdering grass for his family and neighbors to supplement their diets. The following year, Schnabel reproduced his experiment and achieved the same results. Hens consuming rations supplemented with grass doubled their egg production."
Interesting. I remember on the farm, when I fed the chickens, their grain was powder like.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #74
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,334
I just fed the girls oatmeal (I let it cool to room temperature) because it is so frigging cold--I had read that "warm food" or water is what they need in their crops when it is really cold out. The problem with giving them all these "treats" is that they turn their little beaks up at "kibble" and come back and ask me "is that ALL? You think we're going to eat THAT? We want veggies/bananas/apples/bread!!!! Bring it on, or NO EGGS!"
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #75
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I just fed the girls oatmeal (I let it cool to room temperature) because it is so frigging cold--I had read that "warm food" or water is what they need in their crops when it is really cold out. The problem with giving them all these "treats" is that they turn their little beaks up at "kibble" and come back and ask me "is that ALL? You think we're going to eat THAT? We want veggies/bananas/apples/bread!!!! Bring it on, or NO EGGS!"
CWS, you're little chicken girls are about the luckiest in the world I think.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but you have hundreds, (if not thousands) of WWW users who are waiting to see your girls all dressed up in thier finest. After your pics of them hit the net, stand back...they'll be all over the net in a week.

Especially the Diapers. Who knows, chicken diapers might be the big craze this coming spring. Your girls might get famous.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #76
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
CWS, you're little chicken girls are about the luckiest in the world I think.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but you have hundreds, (if not thousands) of WWW users who are waiting to see your girls all dressed up in thier finest. After your pics of them hit the net, stand back...they'll be all over the net in a week.

Especially the Diapers. Who knows, chicken diapers might be the big craze this coming spring. Your girls might get famous.
They do produce very, very nice eggs! And now the pressure is on to get the pics up!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #77
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
I wanted to see them in their coats, why did the one fall over? No wings for balance?
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #78
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
We want a chicken fashion show!

Chicks in lingerie also! Something slinky on a hen!

Peek-a-boo chicken panties!

OMG, I've become a chicken perv.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #79
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,893
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
We want a chicken fashion show!

Chicks in lingerie also! Something slinky on a hen!

Peek-a-boo chicken panties!

OMG, I've become a chicken perv.
What's the difference between kinky and perverted?









Kinky uses a feather. Perverted uses a chicken.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #80
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady

What's the difference between kinky and perverted?

Kinky uses a feather. Perverted uses a chicken.
Geez, Tax, this is a family site!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chicken

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.