Chicken Chronicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What am I to do with Harriet and Myrtle? They've taken to sitting on the front stoop waiting for me to come outside...one of them left me an egg today...I think it was Myrtle--she's so very smart! I really think they want to come and live in the "Big Chickens'" house. They are so flipping funny...I was thinking of putting a dab of peanut butter on the door to teach them to knock (similar to how I've taught foster dogs to "ring a bell" to go outside...) so I'd know they are there. It is so tempting to do that...and to let them come inside...

So you'll be putting in a chicken door, and getting your eggs delivered! Brilliant, CWS! I see an Animal Planet show in your future!

Last edited:
She'll have them lined up the walk!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:They already follow me (literally, those at the rear of the line are either running or fluttering above the ground) when I come outside with a "yogurt" container...they know I'm bringing treats. It is so funny to have 17 chickens running behind you...now I know how the Pied Piper felt...

You Big Chicken!!!!:ROFLMAO:

There used to be (maybe still is) a local landmark in Marietta, Georgia, called the Big Chicken. Originally a restaurant's advertising gimmick, but lived on to be the basis for many a set of directions: make a left at the Big Chicken, etc.

Go Big Chicken, Go!

I hope you weren't at work--the patients might have peed their pants hearing you scream!
I am helping them write their email to Santa now...and they'd like PURPLE! To be on the safe side, Large and XL. Wouldn't want them to experience "creep" in their diappies! Can you imagine Cocky Rocky's response to Myrtle wearing a diaper--a chicken chastity belt! He doesn't "bother" Harriet...she stays away from him and doesn't respond to his "attempts" to entice her...he already attacks me...what would he do if he thought I stole his top hen?! Yup, she'd have to come live with the Big Chicken...for her own safety (and mine!).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom