Chicken Chronicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still looking for it--blaming PF and her "chicken whispering skills..." I did bring Myrtle in the house today--wrapped her in a towel and held her on my lap so she could watch Anderson with me. I fell asleep, found her in the kitchen trying to open the fridge...

Last edited:
I'm tellin' ya, CW, a cut-off sweatshirt sleeve and a chicken harness might be just the thing.

I'm still looking for it--blaming PF and her "chicken whispering skills..." I did bring Myrtle in the house today--wrapped her in a towel and held her on my lap so she could watch Anderson with me. I fell asleep, found her in the kitchen trying to open the fridge...

I taught her that, too!:LOL:

Oh, this is getting good. CWS vs PF; Cats vs Chickens. This beats DA. So much drama. :LOL:

The chicken would keep the cats treed, they are both too skittish. So, I guess I'll have to go to CWS's farm to tutor Myrtle.

Myrtle has been practicing so she's in shape for keeping a cat treed. Myrtle, Agnes, and Prudence are the three that perch on the canoe at night. They are also the three the come up with the more creative places to lay their eggs. Once they figure out that I'm on to them, they find a new place. Lately, I have been finding 3 eggs hidden in the bow of the canoe. Unfortunately, to get to the bow, I did have to climb up on the tractor (not an easy feat since the tractor is parked close to the wall--trust me, I have the bruises to prove it). And, getting down without breaking one of the three eggs in one's pocket was equally as challenging. Yesterday there were only 2 eggs in the canoe, both Buff Orpington eggs. Oh-oh, the top hen was onto me. I looked everywhere, could not find the missing egg. I kept hearing this "thumping" noise in the hay loft. "Who is up there?" No response. The hay loft is a place I do not like to go. The ladder is not my favorite. I have visions of myself falling off of it coming down...Anyway, I counted chickens....couldn't find Myrtle. I peaked my head up into the loft right as she peaked her head up from her hiding spot behind a pile of lumber. Yup, Myrtle has decided it is time I overcome my fear of falling off the ladder. She has decided that the loft is a very nice spot to lay her egg. I anticipate the Buffs will follow shortly.

Myrtle has been practicing so she's in shape for keeping a cat treed. Myrtle, Agnes, and Prudence are the three that perch on the canoe at night. They are also the three the come up with the more creative places to lay their eggs. Once they figure out that I'm on to them, they find a new place. Lately, I have been finding 3 eggs hidden in the bow of the canoe. Unfortunately, to get to the bow, I did have to climb up on the tractor (not an easy feat since the tractor is parked close to the wall--trust me, I have the bruises to prove it). And, getting down without breaking one of the three eggs in one's pocket was equally as challenging. Yesterday there were only 2 eggs in the canoe, both Buff Orpington eggs. Oh-oh, the top hen was onto me. I looked everywhere, could not find the missing egg. I kept hearing this "thumping" noise in the hay loft. "Who is up there?" No response. The hay loft is a place I do not like to go. The ladder is not my favorite. I have visions of myself falling off of it coming down...Anyway, I counted chickens....couldn't find Myrtle. I peaked my head up into the loft right as she peaked her head up from her hiding spot behind a pile of lumber. Yup, Myrtle has decided it is time I overcome my fear of falling off the ladder. She has decided that the loft is a very nice spot to lay her egg. I anticipate the Buffs will follow shortly.
PS--If I were selling eggs, the price would've gone up $1, danger pay--not for the chickens--for ME!

PS--If I were selling eggs, the price would've gone up $1, danger pay--not for the chickens--for ME!

Sounds like you need it. BTW, if you do start climbing that ladder to the hayloft while you are out there by yourself, be sure to bring your cell phone. You need to be able to call someone if you fall and can't get up. We don't want you freezing to death or dying of dehydration.

Sounds like you need it. BTW, if you do start climbing that ladder to the hayloft while you are out there by yourself, be sure to bring your cell phone. You need to be able to call someone if you fall and can't get up. We don't want you freezing to death or dying of dehydration.

+1111111111

Smart Chickens!

Bad Myrtle! Does she realize all you have sacrificed for her? Her coat of many colors. The prodigal hen. The feathered daughter.

Last edited:
If you find the old one, maybe one of the other girls would like to wear it!

Back
Top Bottom