"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
Master Chef

My hubby won't eat liver in any form, brawn, marrow, game, duck, sweet potatoes, arugula, basil, sushi, fish that tastes like fish.......
I could go on forever. He pretty much doesn't like any of my favourite foods "roll eyes"
When ever he goes away for business the kids and I eat all of the things he doesn't like.
At least he likes spicy food so most of our meals are spicy. Chillies and curry is something we all enjoy!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
Head Chef

My lament is the heat. I love exploring cuisines from everywhere, but my wife, while willing to try anything, and usually liking anything, simply is a weenie when it comes to heat. Very frustrating to me because i want to cook authentic as possible. And there are so many cuisines that have a heavy reliance on chilis of one type or another North African, Middle Eastern, Korean, Southeast Asian, Caribbean, etc, etc ad nauseum. Sheesh, even Italian. Seems like half the worlds foods are off limits to cook because of her fear of the chili.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #13
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I am a natural foods person surrounded by people who are happy with Hamburger Helper.
I get that! We were supposed to go to our friend and ex-business partner's co-ed baby shower last weekend. We explained that we couldn't make the shower because TB worked until 5 pm. So our friend said we should come after and have dinner with them. When I explained all the things TB can't have (wheat being a big one), our friend said "well that's okay, I was thinking of getting KFC!"

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:31 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

We are lucky, as Steve and I have a very similar palate and we both seem to love the same foods
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
Master Chef

I was spoiled while growing up. My Dad was a petty good cook, as was my Mom. And in both houses, we like just about everything that could be cooked. All of my kids like just about everything as well. It's just the adults who are my age that are picky, or have unique conditions that limit what they can eat. Fortunately for me, I have but two or three things that I've ever tasted that I don't like, alcohol, mint, horehound, and okra. That's about it. I like everything else that I've tried, no matter where I've been. And believe me, I've tried more foods than most. Oh, and the birds can keep the nightcrawlers. Yuk.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm feeling pretty lucky, too, Kylie DH has a few firm dislikes - broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms - but I can't have cruciferous veg anyway and he likes pretty much everything I make
Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Wine Guy

I'll eat almost anything, with few exceptions. Liverwurst and sharp cheese included. And although I love most sweetbreads, I'm not particularly keen on brains, due to a bad experience while traveling in Turkey many years ago. My wife is a bit pickier. She won't touch mushrooms, liver, cooked cabbage of any kind, avocado, spinach or beets. Fortunately, she's a good sport and encourages me to cook meals with these foods. She just dances around them.

She has gotten much more adventurous, though. Since I've known her, there are many foods she now likes that she wouldn't have eaten when she was younger.

In three weeks DW is headed off to England for work. I've been putting together a list of all the things I'll be making while she's gone that are on her hate list.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
Sous Chef

My husband is allergic to shellfish, my Dad can't tolerate fresh onions or anything with onion spice in it, my mother is a vegetarian, my brother only eats meat and potatoes, and my child eats really plain foods. I love sharp cheddar cheese! The worst thing I can think of for myself is taking a bite of something with either blue cheese or licorice in it.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm feeling pretty lucky, too, Kylie DH has a few firm dislikes - broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms - but I can't have cruciferous veg anyway and he likes pretty much everything I make
That is excellent GG...it is nice when you can both eat the same things most of the time, makes life easier