Chief's Tip of the Day:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, the bottle should come with a compass in the cap.

modern science is amazing.

my grandfather died from prostate cancer before much was known about it, and my dad has had it twice now.

bad times a'comin' for me.

Screening, screening, screening...get a PSA now and yearly or every 2 years. Catch it early. Much easier to halt early on.

pf, recent jama reports show that a psa isn't enough, and worse, is often false because of age and other involved male hormones, and then you worry that an underpaid pathologist is doing their job. far too much room for error for a slowly dibilitating disease. if you think the loss of your wee wee is insignificant, that is. even the old finger woohoo test isn't accurate. depends on if the doc is having a good day.

as of late, the thinking is that it's a crap shoot, but since it usually doesn't kill quickly, there's nothing to research.

Last edited:
pf, recent jama reports show that a psa isn't enough, and worse, is often false because of age and other involved male hormones, and then you worry that an underpaid pathologist is doing their job. far too much room for error for a slowly dibilitating disease. if you think the loss of your wee wee is insignificant, that is. even the old finger woohoo test isn't accurate. depends on if the doc is having a good day.

as of late, the thinking is that it's a crap shoot, but since it usually doesn't kill quickly, there's nothing to research.

I read the alarming studies, I also believe that it's the best chance you have of lucking out. I had a luck out with ovarian cancer and so did my Mom...you know the risks, you need to use any tool in your belt to help with finding. Looking further into it, at some point you might just hit a positive that could save you and other parts.

yes, of course, i'll still get tested.

and hope i don't feel both of the doc's hands on my hips (only a guy can understand).

it's the delta in the psa number that matters., but even that needs multiple retesting before they hack out tge walnut. too many men go with the first bad result.

All right. That's it. I don't want to wait. I want the "perfect, in the prime" resurrected body right now. I don't want to have to wait until I'm dead for a while before recieving it. So, PF, you were a nurese. Where are they stashing our upgraded bodies? BT, you put evil pictures in my mind, just evil.:angry: Now I might have to do something nice for someone, to clear everything out of my brain and start fresh. See what you do to me?:LOL:

Shameless plug: Oh, and I don't know if I can get away with this. If not, mods, remove this sentence from the post.

Everyone, go out to the Lay's "Do Me a Flavor" site and vote for old G.w.North

Seeeeya' Chief Longwind of the North

All right. That's it. I don't want to wait. I want the "perfect, in the prime" resurrected body right now. I don't want to have to wait until I'm dead for a while before recieving it. So, PF, you were a nurese. Where are they stashing our upgraded bodies? BT, you put evil pictures in my mind, just evil.:angry: Now I might have to do something nice for someone, to clear everything out of my brain and start fresh. See what you do to me?:LOL:

Shameless plug: Oh, and I don't know if I can get away with this. If not, mods, remove this sentence from the post.

Everyone, go out to the Lay's "Do Me a Flavor" site and vote for old G.w.North

Seeeeya' Chief Longwind of the North

I'm still a nurse and I havent found those bodies, yet. Not sure I want one, I'm ready when the time comes.

you don't get a body. that's the whole point of it.

you're just part of the whole. a big ball of everyone's energy and associated perceptions all mixed together. since reality is merely various time and space based perceptions, you are fulfilled with the true reality of everyone's lifetimes worth of perceptions all mixed together, thereby "understanding" everything all at once and not needing a time and space based reality like a physical being.

expecting a better physical place is no better than expecting 72 virgins awaitin' for you.

just my opiniin. don't crucify me for it (or i'll get to be a part of you before you get there, lol).

you don't get a body. that's the whole point of it.

you're just part of the whole. a big ball of everyone's energy and associated perceptions all mixed together. since reality is merely various time and space based perceptions, you are fulfilled with the true reality of everyone's lifetimes worth of perceptions all mixed together, thereby "understanding" everything all at once and not needing a time and space based reality like a physical being.

expecting a better physical place is no better than expecting 72 virgins awaitin' for you.

just my opiniin. don't crucify me for it (or i'll get to be a part of you before you get there, lol).

You mean, after I move on from mortality, I'll never be able to eat great ice cream again, or slurp a phenomenal bowl of soup, or laugh out loud until my belly aches with my ancestors, DW or children, or grandchildren? If I'm going to end up an incorporeal part of some great cosmic consciousness, then why was I tantalized with the joys of mortality. And if I have to embrace the enitirety of human experience, then I will be forced to feel the hatred of evil persons who did and do unspeakable things in history, as well as having to yearn for experiences that I will never personally get to participate in, that have been enjoyed by countless others.

No, I want the physical reality, in a place where everyone behaves toward each other as they should. I want my own individuality, but want to know enough to keep from making the mistakes that my current existence is filled with.

But, we will just have to wait until that time comes. To speculate on what's to be after mortality is ended, is to speculate on the unknown and unknowable. I just hope that the whole reincarnation thing isn't going on. I'd hate to come back as a cockroach or something like that.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

yes, of course, i'll still get tested.

and hope i don't feel both of the doc's hands on my hips (only a guy can understand).

it's the delta in the psa number that matters., but even that needs multiple retesting before they hack out tge walnut. too many men go with the first bad result.
Tom you could do what I do...
take a pair of channelocks with you,
Grab the doc by the hoohaas and ask him,
"Now Doc, we ain't gonna hurt each other are we?"

Chief's Tip of the day: Where disposable rubber gloves when working with hot peppers. When nature calls, remove them. See the Ghost pepper thread to find what inspired this tip.:LOL:

Second tip of the day: Great music, like great food, should be experienced in the proper magnitude, and given as much attention as we use to savor good food. That is, if the music demands to be played loud (and some certainly does), then play it loud enough to enjoy it fully, without damaging your hearing. If the music begs for calm serenity, then play it at the proper amplitude to bring that atmosphere. Really experience the music. Listen to the complex or simple rhythms of the percussion. Appreciate the complexity of the note sequences, and what the performer had to do to learn his or her craft. Enjoy the rich tones of the keyboards, or the harmony of the guitar chords. Experience the great voices of the singing artists. Put yourself in their place, mentally. Try to feel what they feel during the performance. Try to understand the work they've put into training their voices, from Alice Cooper to Pavarotti, to VanZant. Listen to every nuance of the music. Let it fill you completely. Then, it can move you, and bring you to tears. It can touch your emotions, and create profound appreciation. When you can appreciate with the same measure, an outstanding drum solo, or a well played glass harmonica, then you will have developed a true love of music, the art.

Music, in all of its varied and complex, or simple forms, is just one type of artistry. All of the arts can touch you, if you let them. And you can find artistry in almost every experience, if you learn how to recognize it.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Grandmoms & Moms & Grand-dads & Dads: Mentoring

Buon Giorno, Good Morning.

Cool tips and good suggestions ...

My Milanese Nonna Margherite who had her own Trattoria for many years, had taught me some valuable kitchen tips, and here are just a few which I am sure that you all know; however, here they are ...

1. PEELING TOMATOES: To peel a tomato simply, place a small seafood fork, through the stem end of the tomato, and plunge the tomato into boiling water and into Ice Bucket, and peel back the tomato ...

2. DO NOT FREEZE WELL: celery, lettuces, cucumbers, carrots, raw or fresh tomatoes and Rice, as it hardens when freezing.

3) GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST CHEESECAKES: Graham Cracker Crust Cheesecakes become Soggy when freezing or frozen and thus, do not freeze well.

4) FISH: do not overcook fish, and it is done, when the fish flakes, simply.

5) DIETING: If you are serious, then follow the 3 B´s; Broil, Bake or Boil.

Kind regards,
Ciao, Margaux. :)

Cooked rice (at least cooked brown rice) freezes beautifully and can be steamed or microwaved and ready in minutes.

Cooked rice (at least cooked brown rice) freezes beautifully and can be steamed or microwaved and ready in minutes.
I freeze rice (all kinds) all the time and have no problem with it re: steaming it or microwaving it. I freeze wild rice blend and have no complaints about it either (homemade blend).
:huh:
A funny little story about frozen rice and a Saint Bernard. One of our foster moms agreed to bring the Saint to obedience class. The foster was a tad rushed getting home from work, changing clothes, and getting the Saint to class. She grabbed the first thing she found in her freezer to bring for the dog's treat--frozen rice. Needless to say, a grain of rice isn't really a high-value treat for a Saint Bernard!:LOL: Luckily, the other instructor and I did have some chicken, liver treats, cheese, and pasta, for which the dog was more than happy to work. We never let XXX live that down--rice as a training treat for a Saint Bernard! Maybe for a chicken!:ROFLMAO:Nay--chickens prefer earth worms...

Tax Lady & Cws,

I have never frozen risotto or paella, which are the only two ways I eat rice; and thus, we need to look at the time my Nonna told me these suggestions.

In my opinion, my Nonna was not referring to brown rice, as this has not been a staple in Italian regional cuisine.

I only employ: Arborio of Valencia for Paella with shellfish and Milanese rice for Risotto, and both are short grain and none are brown; however, we both are from a profound pasta culture.

I believe she was referring to Risotto.

Have lovely wkend.
M.C. Ciao.

Last edited:
Chief's Tip of the Day:
A person should not be measured by their belongings, material wealth, sports achievements, or apparent worldly status. Rather, a person should be measured by their conduct toward, and with other people. Courtesy, a desire to help make another person's life better, and one who gives their time and talent to aid another, these are the benchmarks of the real heroes of life.

If we set our personal bars high, then we make the world a little better place in which to live.

2nd tip: When rushed for time, a chicken cooked at 450' F. and removed from the heat source at 160' F., measured in the thickest part of the white meat, will be just as succulent and tender as the same chicken roasted at 350' F., and removed from the heat source at 160' F., measured in the thickest part of the white meat. The only difference might be if you placed seasonings under the skin, or injected into the meat. Longer time will allow the flavors to distribute themselves evenly through the meat.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Don't sit down when you have a pocket full of cherry tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom