"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #61
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Don't sit down when you have a pocket full of cherry tomatoes.


Chocoate's not for the pocket either.

New tip: To get proper nutrition from earthworms, feed them to chickens, or fish first. Should you decide to eat them directly, refrain from kissing your special someone until you've replace your mouth with something else. Cleaning won't clean it well enough. It will need replacing.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________

__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Don't put on sunscreen then pick up and pet the cat...
Very good tip there Fiona
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #63
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post


Chocoate's not for the pocket either.

New tip: To get proper nutrition from earthworms, feed them to chickens, or fish first. Should you decide to eat them directly, refrain from kissing your special someone until you've replace your mouth with something else. Cleaning won't clean it well enough. It will need replacing.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Don't hipcheck a door that is "swollen" if you have a pocketful of fresh eggs, either.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #64
Executive Chef
 
Hoot's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The edge of the Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 3,308
Never...hmm...How shall I phrase this?....OK, I reckon this might work...

Never evacuate your bladder on an electric fence.


If you need to ask....you likely won't ever encounter an electric fence.
__________________
I used to be a racist, but I don't have much interest in it since Dale Earnhardt got killed.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #65
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
very good tip indeed Hoot
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #66
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Chief's Tip of the Day:
Great meals don't always have to involve hours of preparation and cooking. They can be as simple as some freshly sliced strawberries, a few slices of great cheese, and your favorite beverage.

When place in the right hands, the simplest of foods can become a gourmet meal.

Tip 2: Don't try to scale fish in the kitchen. The fish scales will find their way into every nook and cranny, and be very hard to clean up. Instead, scale the fish in the room of that twenty-something son or daughter that refuses to move out. When they complain, and they will, simply announce that the room they have been using has become the assigned fish-cleaning/scaling station, but they can still sleep in it if they want.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #67
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North
Chief's Tip of the Day:
Great meals don't always have to involve hours of preparation and cooking. They can be as simple as some freshly sliced strawberries, a few slices of great cheese, and your favorite beverage.

When place in the right hands, the simplest of foods can become a gourmet meal.

Tip 2: Don't try to scale fish in the kitchen. The fish scales will find their way into every nook and cranny, and be very hard to clean up. Instead, scale the fish in the room of that twenty-something son or daughter that refuses to move out. When they complain, and they will, simply announce that the room they have been using has become the assigned fish-cleaning/scaling station, but they can still sleep in it if they want.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Great tip!
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #68
Admiral of the Texas Navy
 
forty_caliber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,412
I know that many of us are enjoying Chief's Tip of the Day. This thread has gone STICKY!

.40
__________________
"I must say as to what I have seen of Texas it is the garden spot of the world. The best land and the best prospects for health I ever saw, and I do believe it is a fortune to any man to come here."
Davy Crockett, 1836
forty_caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #69
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,283
I know, it's stuck to my shoe and I can't get it off...any tips for that Uncle Chief?
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #70
Master Chef
 
Chief Longwind Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Michigan
Posts: 9,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I know, it's stuck to my shoe and I can't get it off...any tips for that Uncle Chief?
Goo-Gone!

Chief's Tip of the Day:

When cooking at a relative's home, make sure that what's labeled in the container is actually what's in the container. I learned that lesson the hard way at my MIL's home. I reached for a container of granulated garlic, or so I thought. After all, that's what the label read. I began adding it into a sauce. But strangely, it had the color, texture, and aroma of cinnamon. Sadly, it had that flavor too. Cinnamon in marinara, well, let's just say that it wasn't one of my better preparations. I still hear about it occasionally. And that was a good thirty years ago.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
__________________

__________________
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.