China earthquake - 3 small stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaixin

Cook
12th May 2008 was a catastrophic day in China. That day had many stories.

I was very tearful when I read some of these stories online. They stirred very strong feelings in me. I want share some of these stories.

They show that in all circumstances, anywhere there is courage and love.

946 students safe
12th May 2008, 2.28pm, Wen Chuan town, Si Chuan province. A level 8 earthquake struck the Liang Ping town Wen hua center school‘s building. In ten minutes the school buildings had collapsed and were destroyed. In this critical time the school’s forty or so teachers did not run away. They were thinking of the students and their well-being. All the teachers made a concerted effort to evacuate the 946 students to a safe place. They did this in just the ten minutes before the buildings collapsed. Remarkably just five students died. The teachers and students showed much courage.

Great teacher
De yang city, Si Chuan province. One of De Yang Do Qi High school’s buildings collapsed. As the earthquake struck and the building collapsed the teacher, Tan Qianqiu, splayed both his arms out and leaned over a desk to protect four students who were sheltering under it. After, the four students were safe but Tan Qianqiu had died. We need to remember this great teacher .Thank you to him.

Burial in the ruins, in the dark four small hands hold together.
Xiao Xue , a young student, is in hospital her two arms fractured, her head with grave injuries. She is still crying for her friend Xiao Ya. Xia Xue said she was at school having a lesson when the class room started to wobble. They wanted to go outside but the whole building collapsed around them. They were trapped inside the ruins. She couldn’t see anything. In the dark she felt liquid flowing from her head to her hand. She knew she was injured. Just at that time she heard Xiao Ya shout. She said to Xiao Ya, “I am here, don’t worry, our parents will come soon.” Xiao Ya heard this. She extended her hands to where she could hear Xiao Xue’s voice. Just four small hands holding together. They promised each other they would for wait for rescue. After two hours, Xiao Ya said, “I am sorry, I can’t wait any longer.” Her small hands went limp and slowly let go. Xiao Xue wanted to help her, but she couldn’t move. She was alone and started to cry. Suddenly she understood, she needed all her strength to support herself, so she forced herself to stop crying. She quietly waited for the rescuers to come. They took three hours to reach Xiao Xue and Xiao Ya. We are sorry, Xiao Ya had died.
I know in Xiao Xue’s mind, she’ll always remember that time. Have a girl, her name was Xiao Ya, they supported each other. I wish Xiao Ya in the sky happy all the time.

Back
Top Bottom