"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2006, 03:16 AM   #1
Sous Chef

Chop Stix or anybody else from or living in Thailand, please help me.

Hello

I am a member of a travel forum.
There is a woman there, who would like to rent an appartment, with an area in it, where she can cook. She is looking for one, in Phukett and finding it difficult to find.
Is it possible to rent such appartments, for a short time, and if so, where would i find information about them?

Mel

Old 10-24-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
Head Chef

Hi Mel! Your friend should know that Phuket is a huge island. It's almost as big as the entire country of Singapore. There are several towns and beaches to choose from depending on one's preference. Some beaches are quiet and secluded, while some are very close to the action (bars, restaurants, shops, etc.)

I was there early this year and I happened to keep a map that they gave away at the Phuket airport. There were very few advertisements for lodging but I found this which your friend might want to check out:

Kata Beach Guest House & Bungalows
Tel: (66) 76-330730 and (66) 76-330731
Email: mermaid@phuket.ksc.co.th

Also, my Thai travel agent friend will be faxing me a list of Phuket resorts. I'll let you know if there's anything there that fits the bill.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
Head Chef

Also Mel!, your friend can always do what most western backpackers do: come to Bangkok and stay a couple days at one of the many inns at Khaosan Road, also know as 'Backpacker's Haven'. It's a small interesting street lined with cafes, shops, budget inns, tattoo parlors, corn-row/dreadlock braiders, foot massage places and plenty of budget travel agencies. Your friend can make all her inquiries and bookings for transportation and lodging there. That way she can compare rates before committing herself before leaving her country. In between her inquiries, she can do some sightseeing because Khaosan Road is located very near some of the key attractions of Thailand such as the royal Grand Palace, Wat Po temple, Chao Praya 'River of Kings', etc.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:28 AM   #4
Sous Chef

Thanks for the information Chopstix.

But i think it is important to my friend, that she has a place, where she can cook, in her accomodation.
She is looking for something, like a whole appartment to rent. But only for a short time.

Mel
Old 10-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #5
Head Chef

Mel, my friend's faxed list was all resorts. So that's out. I googled 'Phuket Rent Apartment' and found many listings that seems to fit your friend's specs.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:53 AM   #6
Sous Chef

Thanks Chop Stix!!!

Mel