"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #51
Master Chef

I know how you feel j-crew..........when they ask me at the store if they can help........if I'm tired I'll say "yeah, come home with me and help unload"........I hate that part of the trip but 70 miles..........you must live in the middle of the desert.........man, in Houston where I live there is a Valdemart on every corner.......not that that's a good thing either.........but convenient............

Old 10-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #52
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
I know how you feel j-crew..........when they ask me at the store if they can help........if I'm tired I'll say "yeah, come home with me and help unload"........I hate that part of the trip but 70 miles..........you must live in the middle of the desert.........man, in Houston where I live there is a Valdemart on every corner.......not that that's a good thing either.........but convenient............
Not in the desert but in the mountains there is nothing between the ranch and the first little town. It's a trade off for sure not convenient but a really great place to live. When I want specialty items I order on the internet and have it sent to me we do get UPS and Fed Ex everyday. I can also buy things if I need to from the kitchen at HQ during fishing and hunting seasons. I also say if you really want to help come home and help me unload and put away.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:33 PM   #53
Head Chef

If anyone likes doing dishes I have a whole wack of them for you!!
Old 10-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #54
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
attie- not too wild, just alot of hidden stumps in yard and I dont pay attention.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #55
Head Chef

I guess I don't enjoy the daily chores but I do love when I am home alone with the music on and cleaning, really cleaning the whole house.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #56
Head Chef

I have to get myself in the mood to clean.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #57
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I love cleaning and organizing - I wish I had more time to do it - I have often thought of starting my own cleaning business -
Old 10-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #58
Master Chef

I hate cleaning the house but I love alphabetized spices and an organized kitchen.........the rest of the place I leave to Ludmilla............she has her own routine and doesn't speak a word of English and I don't speak Russian though we sometimes use my Russian/English dictionary for the more complicated discussions.....for most situations I understand her perfectly........known her for 3 years and she's a dear "older" sister...........
Old 10-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #59
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
I kinda like folding laundry. Especially when my son's in the room and I'm folding whites. Everytime I get to his little tighty whities I have to say, "Awww, look how cute these are. And look no skid marks yet." If he's not in the room sometimes I walk around the house looking for him with a pair of his underwear on my head. He just rolls his eyes and says, "Your wierd!" My reply is always, "I am too!"
I don't know how I missed your posting..........man, I thought I was the only weird one walking around here .............hahaha
Old 10-17-2008, 01:59 AM   #60
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I hate to be the one to point this out Debs, but you're not supposed to do it out in public!!!

Just teasing, of course!

Barbara