Chores you kinda like...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate all house chores, period, but enjoy mowing the yard or brush hogging out back. I don't necessarily like the time they consume, but it's relaxing.

I don't even enjoy watching the maid clean the office.

I must like laundry because it seems even though there are only two of us I'm constantly washing loads of towels. Why can't 16 year olds use a towel more than once? You're drying off your clean body so why use two towels every time you shower and why shower twice a day??

When I had chickens (150 hens) I used to love to gather eggs...Talk about an Easter egg hunt!!! Now I love to pick tomatoes, and squash...cut okra etc.
I like to grocery shop....don't like the check out part..Mowing and bush hogging can be fun...sometimes.
Love to cook...

i like grocery shopping. so much so that dw often calls me and wonders what's taking so long. i like to meander through the aisles, trying to match what's on sale with something that i want to cook.

i also like caring for my lawn and gardens. there's something relaxing about gardening, and a good sense of accomplishment when the lawn looks sharp.

With 3 little boys running around here, my chores are never done!! Thats probably the reason why I despise cleaning so much now!! lol Before I had children, I was a neat freak!! ......not so much now ; )

i like grocery shopping. so much so that dw often calls me and wonders what's taking so long. i like to meander through the aisles, trying to match what's on sale with something that i want to cook.

i also like caring for my lawn and gardens. there's something relaxing about gardening, and a good sense of accomplishment when the lawn looks sharp.

Hey BT,I Just got back from vacation. Lawns looking a little shabby, gardens a mess, cupboards are bare......are you busy today?:LOL:

Mowing, tilling, gardening in general, cleaning the kitchen, grocery shopping, cooking. And, when I have time, I like pulling everything out of a closet or cabinet, tossing and reorganizing--love all the new space I make.

I used to hate putting the laundry away until I realized that having enough room in drawers and closets made that easy. A thrift store box helps on that front.

Still hate vacuuming. Too noisy and boring. I am going to have to figure out how to use my little Mp3 player while running the vacuum.

...I also enjoy grocery shopping, when I go alone.
Amen to the last part! James is worse than a kid! Nancy knew better than to ever throw stuff in the cart without asking, and if I said no, it went back on the shelf. James doesn't have to ask, of course, but he is always tossing extra stuff in the cart. If we had tons of money I wouldn't mind, but we have to watch our pennies. He also doesn't stick to my system (produce first, as it is just to the right as I go in, canned and dry goods aisles, meat, dairy, and frozen, in that order). He will throw something that needs refrigeration into the cart while I am still shopping for non-refrigerated/frozen aisles. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

:)Barbara

I kind of like running the vaccuum cleaner. There is something about seeing all those specs of whatever dissappearing from the floor that gives me some sort of satisfaction.

if i didn't have you guys some days i wouldn't laugh, like after barb & lefse's posts... laughin away!!!

most chores aren't too lovely. cleaning kitty litty litter & my hamster cage, now. that's gets me a-washin after i clean those!!! look at my typo, oops!! (kitty litty litter). i'm a flake tonite, guys.:blink:

With 3 little boys running around here, my chores are never done!! Thats probably the reason why I despise cleaning so much now!! lol Before I had children, I was a neat freak!! ......not so much now ; )

Grantskat........I understand........before kids I actually had my spices alphabetized.......is that anal or what??? It won't last forever......enjoy them while you can........

Lifesaver,,,,,,,,,,,I did the lawn 15 years ago on a weekly basis.......hubby had all kinds of criticisms of my work but at least we had him to ourselves for the weekend.........my whole intention in the first place.......now we have a wonderful local lawn service.......made the mistake of recommending George to friends and now he has more work than he knows how to handle.......pickles............no, I'm glad........he's such a great guy and a hard worker..........

I kinda like doing the windows outside. I have a sunroom so I use a squegee/scrubber tool on an extension handle. My neighbors always beg me to do theirs too.

Yard work doesn't bother me one bit.

I think I like them all, the only one I get a little bored with and have my kids do now and then is unload the dishwasher - for some reason I've never really enjoyed that chore. :)

Back
Top Bottom