Christmas Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, sure do. Just to immediate family and friends. I think a nice card with a hand written note is a great keepsake. I use the ones I get as decorations. I hang them off if red ribbon draped over the hall door. Then I same them for the next year and we hang them off other doors in the house.

I love the idea of recipes on the back of the card face!

Ditto Dave,
It's always been a tradition to decorate with them.

I used to send out op to 100 cards but don't do that anymore due to the high cost of postage. I now just send to close family and friends that send to me too.

I used to send out op to 100 cards but don't do that anymore due to the high cost of postage. I now just send to close family and friends that send to me too.

You got that right! 100 cards costs about $44.00! That's gift money!

I mailed out 20 cards yesterday. When we were in Germany last summer, we visited the largest Christmas store in the world. It had an adorable antique Christmas truck parked in front, and we thought far enough ahead to have our picture taken in front of it. We have a computer program for Christmas cards, and we sure had fun making them. Merry Christmas to all of my DC friends.

img_949194_0_28cd785dbca4e7d79ca2ae4f743fae26.jpg

Merry Christmas, Kayelle! What a wonderful picture and memory! Thanks for sharing.

My question for everyone is, who signs the cards in your house?

I sign both our names.

Bah! His mother has a picture of him balancing a spoon on his nose. A smile is all I ask. ;)

My face always goes completely blank or such a fake smile it ruins the picture. Most often in Candid shots.

How about, "Smile or the Kindle gets it!"

Thanks so much for the nice comments, PF and Kathleen. I hate pictures of me. I never recognize myself...I guess my brain just remembers my youth. Funny how that works. :LOL::ohmy:

Thanks so much for the nice comments, PF and Kathleen. I hate pictures of me. I never recognize myself...I guess my brain just remembers my youth. Funny how that works. :LOL::ohmy:

That is SO true. I was shopping the other day and looked up to see a new TV screen and a woman shopping. I looked around to see the lady, but there was nobody there but me! When I think of myself, even in dreams, I see the me the way I used to look.

That is SO true. I was shopping the other day and looked up to see a new TV screen and a woman shopping. I looked around to see the lady, but there was nobody there but me! When I think of myself, even in dreams, I see the me the way I used to look.

I look like my Mother, do you know how confusing that is?:LOL:

Give it some time PF, you have some years to go. The thought isn't original, but I'll never forget the shock of the first time I saw my mother's hand sticking out of my sleeve. :ohmy::LOL:

:LOL:That I don't have to worry about, I got my Dad's short fingers and early grey hair. Since I look most like my Paternal Grandmother, I'm just biding my time.:ROFLMAO:

I look like my Mother, do you know how confusing that is?:LOL:

Oh my. Thank goodness I will never look like my mother. She was blonde and Caucasian. I take after my father's side of the family. He was half Saami and I look it more than him ;)

This is a picture of my father's mother. This is the look I'm heading for.

Attachments

• Bohrnerud%20Family%20Pictures%20-%20Anna%20Gustavson%20-%203.jpg
    Bohrnerud%20Family%20Pictures%20-%20Anna%20Gustavson%20-%203.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 118
Here is a pic of Mom and my namesake Rebecca Elizabeth. I have blonde hair...the only blonde in the family.

28716-albums268-picture2433.jpeg

Mom was one week into chemo in this pic.

Back
Top Bottom