Christmas Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How funny about who you take after when it comes to looks. When I was a child and a teen, I looked so much like my mom that people I never met could have picked me out in a lineup; to this day you can confuse my first communion photo and my mother's. Then, somewhere in my late 20s-30s, I became Matante Claire, my father's sister. Then a few years ago (when I first entered my 50s), my Mom's sister saw me for the first time in a decade or two and said, "Holy S--t! You look just like Madame Roy!!" This is my father's mother. Now, how I morphed from looking like my mother to looking like my father's female relatives is a mystery to me. By the way, I consider all comparisons good! All good women who I can only aspire to emulate.

I recently received a package of old photos of my Dad's family. I was enjoying a picture of my grandmother with darker hair, but when I looked on the back of the photo, I found I was looking at HER mother.

Years ago, I saw a picture of my Dad at 18. My face on a man. Every feature was there. Now I look like a blob. Dad's pictures near the end, he looked like a blob too.

I always wondered where I got my lack of red highlights and my brown eyes. Everyone in my family, both sides, were brunette with blue or green eyes. I also happen to be the shortest of three generations. Then we found some pictures of my Maternal Great-Grandmother when she was my age...spitting image, except for my Dad's side of chunky bodies.

people have, here & there, figured my Mom was my sibling. she & i, we're very similar, mostly.

Back
Top Bottom