Christmas crafts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our house has been on the market to sell since July. Upon the advice of our realtor, we put a lot of stuff in a now packed full 10'x20' storage unit. All my Christmas stuff is there and not likely to re-emerge until we move!

That surprises me. The real estate market here in Boston is crazy. A condo building went up just a couple of doors from my daughter's home. Someone was driving by and saw the equipment for clearing the lot of all the weeds. They stopped and asked who the real estate agent was. My daughter talked to him about the couple who showed an interest. They put a down payment on the purchase of the condo before the foundation was even started.

That surprises me. The real estate market here in Boston is crazy. A condo building went up just a couple of doors from my daughter's home. Someone was driving by and saw the equipment for clearing the lot of all the weeds. They stopped and asked who the real estate agent was. My daughter talked to him about the couple who showed an interest. They put a down payment on the purchase of the condo before the foundation was even started.
Why are you surprised? Beth lives in New Mexico, not Boston.

Correct GG.

Quite different from Boston. Taos New Mexico is a small (pop. 6000) rural, economically depressed, mountain town in the desert whose only industry is tourism...used to be art but that market is depressed also.

As this website explains, Taos is a buyers market right now....way more houses listed for sale than folks looking to buy.

https://www.realtor.com/local/Taos_NM

Great time to buy a house in Taos....hint, hint.

Why are you surprised? Beth lives in New Mexico, not Boston.

Thank you for the geography lesson, but I already knew where NM is located. I even know where all 50 states are located along with some of our Possessions. I have a couple of real estate agent friends and they told me Mass. is not the only state that has gone crazy with the RE market.

I also still have my memory. Not Alzheimer's. I do remember watching Beth's present home being built.

Last edited:
Thank you for the geography lesson, but I already knew where NM is located. I even know where all 50 states are located along with some of our Possessions. I have a couple of real estate agent friends and they told me Mass. is not the only state that has gone crazy with the RE market.

I also still have my memory. Not Alzheimer's. I do remember watching Beth's present home being built.
The point is that real estate prices vary tremendously and one of the most important factors is location. So it's odd that you would say you're surprised that she's having trouble selling her house in New Mexico because of a condo sale in Boston.

The point is that real estate prices vary tremendously and one of the most important factors is location. So it's odd that you would say you're surprised that she's having trouble selling her house in New Mexico because of a condo sale in Boston.

Well here in Boston, it is a crazy place to live. My daughter owns a two family home with a basement apartment. She also owns the lot right next to the house and a garage.

Every single day there was at least one agent ringing her bell and wanting to buy the whole shebang. She now has a large sign attached to the very tall gate to the driveway, and it states, "This property is NOT for sale.

I am waiting for the RE crash to come. It won't be the first time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom