Christmas Morning Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure what to make. It's our first Christmas in our new home, we will only be four people though. I'm more concerned about the saturday after xmas when we'll have six. I will make bacon, sausage, eggs, toasts, etc.. my dad would always make eggs benedict every xmas morning for mom and I. I'm going to miss that tradition alot :( It's the first year I am spending xmas with my parents divorced.

Bloody Marys and wing it from there! :LOL:

That's what I have!!
I don't do breakfast on the holidays I have to cook the big dinner, which is all of them. I wouldn't mind if someone made me something, but that will NEVER happen. lol I would love some eggs benedict. yuummm......

Barb

Usually we just have some cookies and candy handy for the kids and don't really do anything specific, but I am liking Andy's idea of the donuts (but we would get Krispy Kreme instead!).

I'm having a hard time deciding... between eating at DramaQueen's or Mama's! LOL

We will have whatever is fast and available to grab. Or we might go with semi-fast and have pancakes or French toast, since we still have plenty of syrup from our visit to Vermont. :cool:

:)Barbara

My favorite is California Style eggs benedict (english muffin, egg, tomato, avacado, sauce), of course a side of bacon and maybe hashbrowns!

my Christmas morning breakfast will be courtesy of Waffle House ;)

LUCKY!!! I have to drive 100 miles for the nearest Waffle House! Its my favorite place to eat on the road!!!

please tell me your having Hash browns, scattered, smothered and covered!!

It is Christmas after all!!

I am wishing for Buckwheat pancakes, I can't find any mix:cry: and I have vermont surup to put on it. I haven't had buckwheat pancakes in years:cry:

I take off the bacon that the turkey has been wrapped and cooked in, and slap that on some fresh bread.

When we were kids the only day of the year that we didn't have to eat a good breakfast was on Christmas day. Mom would let us eat cookies, cake, pie or whatever we wanted. We could even eat the candy from our stocking. It really kept us from eating so much of that stuff later in the day. Now that the kids are grown up we usually eat ham and eggs, maybe grits, or hash browns, biscuits and fig preserves.

We've done Emeril's savory breakfast pudding which is great because you can perp it a day ahead. My wife has gone vegetarian so last year I subbed sliced sauteed portobelos in the dish and it was tasty. This year it is just 3 of us, I was thinking of NYT no-knead bread with dried fruit in it and maybe a fresh fruit salad.

My daughter's favorite are make-ahead cinnamon rolls that I prepare Christmas Eve and bake Christmas morning - I would like to change it up but she will not hear of it!

Last week's Parade magazine had recipes for French Bread Pudding and Mulled Pears and Apples. DH doesn't like pears, so we'll do apples and canteloupe, and I'm going to add Giada's Amaretto Cream Sauce to the bread pudding, substituting Gran Marnier for the amaretto. A side of breakfast sausage and Hairy Navels will complete the meal (not crazy about the name, but the recipe sounds great ;) ).

Last week's Parade magazine had recipes for French Bread Pudding and Mulled Pears and Apples. DH doesn't like pears, so we'll do apples and canteloupe, and I'm going to add Giada's Amaretto Cream Sauce to the bread pudding, substituting Gran Marnier for the amaretto. A side of breakfast sausage and Hairy Navels will complete the meal (not crazy about the name, but the recipe sounds great ;) ).
I've changed my mind. We're having Christmas breakfast with you!

DQ, can I come over Christmas morn, that sounds so good. I'm sure they love it. Now I am in the mood to add bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon to my menu. Thx. :)

You're more than welcome to come over for breakfast, the more the merrier. I love cooking for a crowd especially my family. They love to eat and this is one of their favorite breakfasts. I only do this once a year so this your chance. :chef:

I'm having a hard time deciding... between eating at DramaQueen's or Mama's! LOL

We will have whatever is fast and available to grab. Or we might go with semi-fast and have pancakes or French toast, since we still have plenty of syrup from our visit to Vermont. :cool:

Hey Barbara, how about you come to my house then we'll BOTH go to Mama's. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom