Christmas Morning Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Barbara, how about you come to my house then we'll BOTH go to Mama's. :rolleyes:

Y'all come on down! And if you want to bring some of that Warm, toasted bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon
Fresh baked (store bought) cinnamon rolls and struesel coffee cake
that would make it even better!

We normally have homemade cinnamon rolls before hitting the road to see relatives BUT this year I have to cook for the inlaws, so I'll probably get a coffee cake from our local bakery to tide me over while I tackle the ham and the fixings.

Ever since the kids were small we have traditionally had Pigs-In-The Blanket...They are ok, and were fun for them to make their own etc, but I have grown tired of the tradition so I decided this year..."Folks we gonna do something different - Daddy is tired of the little weenies":LOL:

First thing that came to mind was...Bloody Mary's!!! Good idea!!!
Then a couple of folks said they are not fond of them...Ok..what ya want? How about Mimosas..Ok fine -- We'll have both! It's settled.

Now for a replacement for the miniature hot dog....Haven't got that nailed down yet --- We eat Christmas Dinner around 12:30 so it cant be a heavy meal....Anyway, I have enjoyed reading your ideas, traditions, and memories of Christmas Morning breakfast...Thank you for sharing them with me....

Any others?? Keep them coming! I have a few days left.

Usually, we have pancakes or waffles with bacon or sausage. This year we might have a breakfast casserole. I also make a pretty good broccoli, ham, and cheese frittata. So, many choices. Maybe we should just have oatmeal. Simple, easy, and will leave more room for our appetizer spread around lunch time.

If I had someone else to cook for this Christmas I would make this....

Poached Eggs and Tomato on Bacon and Potato Pancakes with Basil Hollandaise :-p:-p

If I had someone else to cook for this Christmas I would make this....

Poached Eggs and Tomato on Bacon and Potato Pancakes with Basil Hollandaise :-p:-p

I'm not too far away.......I'll be over!!! That sounds delicious. I very seldom have anyone cook for me (as in never).:(

Barb

I wish we all could get together! What a Holiday meal that would be!! :)
Homecook, I know just what you mean! Its nice to just sit back once in awhile and let someone else do all the cookin from time to time...no matter how much you love to cook! :)

I think I'm going to make cornbread topped with a blackberry-cinnamon sauce.

Uncle Bob;750976 First thing that came to mind was...Bloody Mary's!!! Good idea!!! Then a couple of folks said they are not fond of them...Ok..what ya want? How about Mimosas..Ok fine -- We'll have both! It's settled. .[/QUOTE said:
I never thought about MIMOSAS. We are all adults except for the 2 grandkids. Why didn't I think of that? Well it's going to be mimomas instead of just plain orange juice. Thanks to much for reminding me.

I make a strata and caramel rolls after my parents leave Christmas Eve and let them set in the fridge overnight.
They get put in the oven when I get up (or the kiddos get me up!) and voila! breakfast is ready as soon as the living room has been destroyed!
:)

Back
Top Bottom