Christmas Morning Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love making a frittata with danish ham, genoa salami, provolone, tomatoes, garlic, green onion and red bell pepper. I prefer a frittata over an omelet since I can get more stuff in it and don't have to flip it. I also serve it with hash browns and buttered rye toast, and juice and lots of coffee.

Egg caserole, sausage, danish/doughnuts, oranges, scrambled eggs (for the kids), and french toast or maybe pancakes not sure yet. Lefty maybe I'll add hash browns that sounds good

We do an Italian thing like an omelet eggs,roasted red peppers diced, shallots, a clove of crushed garlic,sauted mushrooms,parsley..along with this is fired homestyle potatoes, tons of bacon and sausage and sliced fried ham, english muffins, biscuits and gravy and of course a coffee cake..juice, coffee,tea and milk the kids get the chocolate milk topped with whipped cream
kadesma

:) Since it's just me and DH and we aren't really doing Christmas that much I think I will treat us and make Eggs Benedict. :):pig::pig::)

If we make it to Oregon breakfast will be banana bread and left over desserts from the big dinner night before.

If we stay home ( and we prbly will) I'll do an eggs Benedict also. We love that. And I'll have left over ham to use.

When the kids were young, we always got donuts from Dunkin Donuts the night before and had them for breakfast. They were fast and easy and didn't keep the kids away from all the new toys.

Now we have no reasl tradition.

Since I've got to work Christmas Eve night, my Christmas morning breakfast will be courtesy of Waffle House ;) (was really looking for a smiley that was ducking or had a tomato being thrown at him, but this will do).

Since Christmas morning brunch is at my house I always make it a large amount of food so no one has to eat lunch before going to my daughter's for dinner.

Here's my menu:

Apple, orange and tomato juice
Tropical fruit cups topped with granola and yogurt,
Frittata of mushrooms, green and red bell peppers, asparagus, onions, cheeses, etc.
Thick country ham slices (broiled)
Breakfast sausages,
Home Fries (potatoes)
Warm, toasted bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon
Fresh baked (store bought) cinnamon rolls and struesel coffee cake
Coffee.

My family LOVES this.

ub, what's your usual brekkie for christmas morn?

we don't have a regular thing, but i thought i'd surprise the wife and boy with a little something before i head into work. i have all of the ingredients except a few that i'll have to pick up on christmas eve.

we'll have eggs over easy (dw will have an eggwhite, mushroom, tomato, and onion omelette), thick sliced hickory smoked bacon, homefries with roasted red peppers and carmelized sweet onions, rye toast, and orange and cranberry juices. :chef:

DQ, can I come over Christmas morn, that sounds so good. I'm sure they love it. Now I am in the mood to add bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon to my menu. Thx. :)

I most always make an egg casserole, potatoes, sausage, sticky rolls, juice and sometimes a bloody mary.

I wanted to make something a little different this year so I started playing in the kitchen a few weeks ago and came up with this:

holiday-breakfast-casserole-0.jpg

It was a keeper!

wow that looks good Mama. Care to share the recipe? I tried a new egg casserole last week but I wasn't crazy about it. It had Italian sausage, fontina cheese, roasted peppers and spinach.

wow that looks good Mama. Care to share the recipe? I tried a new egg casserole last week but I wasn't crazy about it. It had Italian sausage, fontina cheese, roasted peppers and spinach.

Here you are:

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 pound of bacon
about 3 cups of seasoned croutons
10 ounces of Velveeta cheese, grated
8 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon of Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard
2 plum tomatoes, diced

Here’s what you need to do:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Cut bacon into small strips.

holiday-breakfast-casserole-6.jpg

Cook bacon until crisp and drain on a paper towel reserving 2 tablespoon of the bacon grease.(Don’t throw the rest of the grease away. Keep it in a covered container in the refrigerator to season vegetables, cornbread or any other time you want some great bacon flavor added to something.)

holiday-breakfast-casserole-7.jpg

Using the same pan that you cooked the bacon in with the 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, sauté the onions until tender. Set aside.

Dice up the green pepper. Set aside.

Dice up the Roma tomatoes. Set aside

Spray a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish with a Non-Stick cooking spray.

holiday-breakfast-casserole-4.jpg

Line the bottom of the pan with the seasoned croutons. You want the croutons in a single layer. This may take a little more or less than three cups.

holiday-breakfast-casserole-5.jpg

Sprinkle the grated Velveeta cheese on top of the croutons.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the sour cream until well mixed.

Add the green peppers, salt, pepper, mustard and milk t the egg mixture. Mix well.

holiday-breakfast-casserole-12.jpg

Pour on top of the croutons and cheese in the baking dish.

Sprinkle the tomatoes on top.

holiday-breakfast-casserole-14.jpg

Next, sprinkle the bacon on top.

Bake 50 minutes to an hour or until the center is set.

holiday-breakfast-casserole-16.jpg

I hope you enjoy it! :)

Back
Top Bottom