Christmas Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
And after the Christmas song thread, which Christmas films would you choose if you were in charge of the remote this year?

"Christmas in Connecticut" (The black and white version - hokum but fun)
"Meet Me in St Louis"

White Christmas

Miracle on 34th Street

That's all for now. I am getting a wee bit tired of the Hallmark Christmas ones. :angel:

Three movies that I must watch every year!

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

Love Actually

A Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation still cracks me up even though I can almost recite the entire movie, I've seen it so many times!

Love actually is just really sweet and I fell for it the first time that I saw it.

And a Christmas Story is just cute!

White Christmas

Miracle on 34th Street

That's all for now. I am getting a wee bit tired of the Hallmark Christmas ones. :angel:

There are so many mass produced christmas movies like the Hallmark ones, ION network shows them, they just seem so forced, makes me run toward the classics!

A Christmas Story, hands down.

Used to listen to Jean Shepherd when he had a radio show in NY, many, many years ago. He was the ultimate story teller.

Some channel usually has the movie running continuously on Christmas and have it on almost continuously.

The Santa Clause is cute and would rate it second.

My vote would be "A Christmas Carol" starring George C. Scott.
The first "Die Hard" is another favorite.
"Christmas Vacation" is always a staple.

Me too!!! Love "Die Hard" as a Christmas Movie. I am fond of Alistair Sims' "A Christmas Carol" and George C. Scott's.

I just saw The Bishop's Wife the other day for the first time in many years, so it was like new all over again.

A Christmas Story and Alastair Sim's in A Christmas Carol are my best favorites. When I was little we were at the Grand's for Christmas. My little bro, I, and at least 2 cousins had already been put to bed Christmas eve. Someone came running upstairs and woke us up. Quick Quick-like. I thought the house was on fire or Santa had Really come to our house!! It was the first time I watched A Christmas Carol on the old black and white. New story to me, obviously. Also a very Scary story for a 7-8 year old.

We are a "Bing Crosby" family. At some point someone digs out dvd's of Both Holiday Inn and White Christmas, whether we've seen them on tv this year or not.

Last edited:
I enjoy Xmas chick flicks, whether recent or old classics. I watched a fairly recent one on Netflix the other night called "Christmas Kiss". Dumb movie, don't waste your time on this one.

Miracle on 34th Street (the original black & white version)
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer 1964 with Burl Ives
It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom