Christmas Tree 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your room looks very pretty, CG. I had those birds on my tree when I was a child. As each of her grandchildren were born, my mother passed out the old Christmas ornaments to them. I, who had no children, got none. I'll bet none of my nieces or nephews have those ornaments today.

We all have a few of those Christmas memories mixed in over the years, funny the things that stick with us. :(

My Grandmother had those birds, musical instruments made of glass, little carousels that hung over lights so they would spin when they got warm and best of all the bubble lights!

We were always taught to squint our eyes when the tree was lit so it would sparkle more, we were kinda stupid, I still do it when I'm looking at a Christmas tree! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

images

We were always taught to squint our eyes when the tree was lit so it would sparkle more, we were kinda stupid, I still do it when I'm looking at a Christmas tree! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

images

I'll have to try that! LOL I always liked twinkle lights. Many of our light sets come with the exta light that you put in to make them twinkle, but DH says it's too distracting.

I'll have to try that! LOL I always liked twinkle lights. Many of our light sets come with the exta light that you put in to make them twinkle, but DH says it's too distracting.

:ohmy::ROFLMAO: Oh no....a distracting twinkling Christmas Tree. :ROFLMAO::ohmy:

I loved the bubbling lights on my childhood trees....they were so distracting.

We finally finished decorating ours. It's 10 feet tall, plus the angel.

Attachments

• DSCN4788.jpg
    DSCN4788.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 174
Love all the special one of a kind ornaments! I gave all mine to my daughters, most of them were from when they were babies, and throughout their childhood years. There were many handpainted and dated personalized ones. They love and appreciate them, and one day they'll belong to my grandchildren. :wub:

Here's a pic of my tree, taken last night on Christmas Eve. It's hard to get a decent shot because of the window, my small living room, and the surrounding furniture, but I tried. :ermm::LOL:

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Thank you, GG. :) It's the biggest one I've had in a few years, at 5 1/2 feet tall. Usually I go with the smaller, but wanted to go bigger this year. My daughter and SIL went with me to the Christmas tree lot, hauled it over to my house in their truck, and set it up in the stand for me. :wub:

It's beautiful Cheryl, and the view of the permanent trees outside at sundown makes a stunning Christmas picture!

Many thanks to all for sharing your beautiful Trees with all of us...:heart::flowers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom