Christmas Tree Shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
Do you have Christmas Tree Shops where you life? I love this store. They have such great bargains. My wife (MrsGB) is the baker in the family. A while ago she decided she wanted some extra large muffin pans. We had a large credit at Williams Sonoma so one day she picked up a muffin pan there for $30. Once she got home we both decided that is WAY too much $$$ for a muffin pan. Well the other day I was at the Christmas Tree store and I saw a silicone extra large muffin pan for $4. What a deal! I of course was the good husband and picked it up for her and it works great.

If you have one of these stores near you and you haven't check it out yet then get your butt over there. You won't be disappointed.

You have to check out the food section in these stores. Many strange and wonderful products from often small maker that didn't sell and now they're a bargain.

Andy for some reason I always skip over the food section. What was I thinking????????????????????

Thanks for the tip! I will be checking that very soon :chef:

I'm not sure if I've ever seen one of these in Oregon. Are they open all year round? Or is it a seasonal thing?

Yep they are open year round. Christmas Tree is just the name. It really doesn't have anything to do with X-mas :)

We have one in an outlet mall by us. They do have some great deals and nice gift-y stuff for the house, too. Ours doesn't have a food section, though! :(

PA Baker said:
We have one in an outlet mall by us. They do have some great deals and nice gift-y stuff for the house, too. Ours doesn't have a food section, though! :(

I have one in the area with a food section.

I've not seen a Christmas Tree store around here, but I'll keep my eyes open for one.

I have really good luck in finding kitchen stuff at Ross / Marshalls / TJ Maxx. You usually can't go into them looking for a specific item since it's hit and miss about what they actually have on their shelves, but they're great for one time finds.

I swear by my Le Creuset, but have picked up a couple pieces of high-quality SS, ceramic bakeware (pretty ones I can set on my display shelves =p I cook in them too though...honest!), cute little ramekins, all kinds of gadgets, platters, gorgeous placemats, etc.

:heart:
Z

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Big Lots ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :punk:
I love Big Lots! In California it was called Pic 'N Save, but they changed their name to Big Lots a few years ago. Sometimes you won't find anything at all, then other times you will finds tons of great stuff!

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom