Christmas Trees 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
101_0238.jpg

101_0239.jpg

101_0241.jpg

So I will start this year off. Let's see those beautiful works of art. :angel:

Since I'm not as anti-christmas and my mom coming, I may put up a tree. I'm thinking about buying a small one to place on the table at the end of the sofa. Whatever I do has to happen fairly soon since mom is coming next week!

No Christmas tree here either. We can't have live trees in the condo so Mrs D decided 4 years ago, no more trees till we move back to Germany.

Mine is up and the lights are lit but I'm still working on getting the ornaments on. I'll finish it tomorrow afternoon. I started with a cough today and I'm pretty tired.

Steve, in its own way that is very beautiful. I would love to see sunlight shining on it.

(Note to self: Try to remember not all members are Christians.) Happy Hanukkah to all our friends of the Jewish faith. :angel:

We'll definitely have a tree, just haven't decided if it'll be the large one or a tabletop one.

Last Christmas we had a small tabletop one because, two weeks or so earlier, I'd had my right knee replaced and I was recovering.

I love having a tree and I have a feeling we'll put the larger one up.

We'll definitely have a tree, just haven't decided if it'll be the large one or a tabletop one.

Last Christmas we had a small tabletop one because, two weeks or so earlier, I'd had my right knee replaced and I was recovering.

I love having a tree and I have a feeling we'll put the larger one up.

Oh yes. I remember that. They two of you were going to become all new people. New parts. So how are the new parts working? :angel:

The only year I was without a tree was in 2005, the year my husband of 42 years died just before the Christmas season and I had to put our home on the market. Not having one really added to my depression. I vowed then I'd never be without a Christmas Tree of some kind again. Gosh, I'm thinking about Kades family again. I really hope they have a tree for her.

Ours is up and decorated, but I just realized there is no topper on the tree...

Attachments

• image-2877826478.jpg
    image-2877826478.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 208
Steve, in its own way that is very beautiful. I would love to see sunlight shining on it.

(Note to self: Try to remember not all members are Christians.) Happy Hanukkah to all our friends of the Jewish faith. :angel:

That's very thoughtful of you Addie. Steve said thanks for the good wishes. He lit his Hannukah candles thanksgiving day through Thursday and he'll help me with my Christmas tree this week. It works for us. ;)

Your tree is lovely Toffi, and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
The only year I was without a tree was in 2005, the year my husband of 42 years died just before the Christmas season and I had to put our home on the market. Not having one really added to my depression. I vowed then I'd never be without a Christmas Tree of some kind again. Gosh, I'm thinking about Kades family again. I really hope they have a tree for her.

I thought about that earlier. The little ones are really going to miss her scarfs and mittens and all the other things she made for them every year. And who is going to do their holiday dinner? You can't just skip the holiday when there are little kids asking questions. I am sure they will sit around the table and tell all the tales of her kindness and good heart. I hope her daughters find any presents she had put away for the little ones. :angel:

That's very thoughtful of you Addie. Steve said thanks for the good wishes. He lit his Hannukah candles thanksgiving day through Thursday and he'll help me with my Christmas tree this week. It works for us. ;)

Your tree is lovely Toffi, and Merry Christmas.

I have known many families like yours that celebrate both holidays. Sorry I was a little late this year. When I used to send out Christmas cards, I would send ones to our Jewish friends that just said Happy Holidays with a non-religious picture on the front. I was surprised every year when they would mention how thoughtful they thought it was. I just thought it was the right thing to do. Please do show us your tree. Maybe next year we can have pictures of different Hannukah Menorah candles also. Too late for this year. :angel:

That's very thoughtful of you Addie. Steve said thanks for the good wishes. He lit his Hannukah candles thanksgiving day through Thursday and he'll help me with my Christmas tree this week. It works for us. ;) Your tree is lovely Toffi, and Merry Christmas.

Thank you :) A late happy Hannukah to Steve, and a very merry Christmas to you Kayelle!

In Germany the christmas tree is usually put up very shortly before christmas eve.
At my mother's house it is a tradition that the kids decorate the tree in the morning of the 24th.
We just have a small wooden tree, a christmas gift from my sister some years ago, as we are not at home very much around christmas.
We will be with my Mum on christmas eve together with my sisters and my brothers and there family and we will travel to Frank's mother on the 25th.

Trees look great! Steve, love the bottle tree! Time for me to dust off Shrek's Charlie Brown tree and turn on the blinking light on top.

The funny pics of cats demolishing Christmas Trees...those could have all been taken at my house.

Christmas Tree 2013

We just got our tree up and decorated! Friends came for dinner and one had never had decorated a tree before. A few years ago, I broke down and succumbed to the ease of an artificial tree. While I missed the tree scent, my biggest regret was not having the c7 bulbs that my family had always placed on the tree. I found LED "c7 bulbs!" Yes, I need to order a few more strands but I love the tree with them. (I also love the cat beneath as she loves to sleep there near a heating vent.)

I'm at the point where each ornament is special. I get a new ornament each year, so it is fun reminiscing while decorating.

~Kathleen

Attachments

• 2013-12-21 20.46.25.jpg
    2013-12-21 20.46.25.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 213
Back
Top Bottom