Christmas Trees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
how do you decorate your tree. do you use a theme? fake or real tree?

you get the idea.

i am using unbreakable country ornaments this year. (because of charlie) the tree is fake. not very big. four ft. on a table. no room for anything bigger. fine for just me.

i don't know how to post pictures. if you do , lets see your tree. :angel::angel:

It varies. Often we get a real tree that is sometimes live. They are not very tall/wide as we don't have a lot of space. We decorate them with a combination of SO's, my and our special ornaments collected through the years.

This year we are alone on the big day and not expecting any of her family over the holidays so we cut back on decorations and put out a ceramic tree.

Our best tree ever was a live potted one my wife got from her boss 7 years ago. We kept it in a detached unheated garage over the winter and planted it in the early spring. Miraculously it's thriving in our back yard. My fav decoration is the ice coating on live trees provided mother nature.

Real tree...Don't they smell good? Decorations are basic lights and ornaments...Some of them old, and special with lot of memories attached...

We've nearly always had artificial trees because my mom was allergic to pine trees. Until they came out with the more natural looking ones, she would suffer every holiday with swollen goopy eyes and runny nose. She's no longer with us but the tradition continues! I decorate with a combination of white lights and colored lights, gold garland and favorite ornaments. My SIL used to make ornaments for the kids every year with their name and the year on it. Those go on the tree as well as the ones my grandfather made. Lots of angel ornaments and musical themed ones as well. I got a new tree 2 years ago and only about half my ornaments can be used so it is a tough decision every year to choose which ones go on!

I have always had an artificial tree and my wife kept complaining about.A couple of years ago I got a fresh wreath so she could enjoy the smell and it didn't last two days before I had to toss because the smell was driving her nuts.She hasn't complained since.

We have enough ornaments to do about 5 trees but we pick a theme and only use a small portion.

This years is red/white/silver glass ornaments.

We collect the "Official White House" ornaments and we have almost enough to do a tree with just those and maybe some colored balls.

This is a couple of years ago but this years is very close to it.

Attachments

• IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Our best tree ever was a live potted one my wife got from her boss 7 years ago. We kept it in a detached unheated garage over the winter and planted it in the early spring. Miraculously it's thriving in our back yard. My fav decoration is the ice coating on live trees provided mother nature.

:)

It's the best thing about freezing rain, especially if the sun or moon are out.

so far we have always gotten a cut tree, but I will cheerfully switch over to an artificial tree when the time comes..we decorate with a combination of glass balls, some plain, some decorated, and home made ornaments. This year I switched over to led lights and it took two tries to find ones I liked. I will include one photo of the first set of lights that was rejected.

Attachments

• DSCN3234.jpg
    DSCN3234.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN3240.jpg
    DSCN3240.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN3236.jpg
    DSCN3236.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN3185.jpg
    DSCN3185.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 159
We had live trees when the kids were home and helped with vacuuming up the dropped needles. Now we use an artificial prelit tree with various ornaments collected over 50 years. So far only one of those fiber optic trees is up. I've made room for the bigger tree, but it is in the loft of the garage and I certainly can't get there and dh has been too busy visiting his precious woods. It is really pretty down there, but TIME to put the tree up!

We've been going to the same chose and cut your own tree place for 6 years.

This year we decided to go the non traditional route.
Bought a Spruce instead of Pine. It's a beautiful tree graceful looking. Hypoallergenic, doesn't drop needles all over the place. Has some scent, it's just not like the pine.
It might get decorated today. :LOL:

We had a fake tree growing up, but since I've been married its a real tree every year. We have a true hodgepodge of things on the tree. Ornaments that have some significance to each of us. Homemade ornaments (made by the kids not me!), stained glass ornaments from Ken's work, and some that were just too cute to pass by. No theme at all, just lots of love on the tree! Here is this years edition. Ignore the tilt, I was holding the laptop at a weird angle when I took the picture.

Attachments

• Photo 11.jpg
    Photo 11.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 172
We had a fake tree growing up, but since I've been married its a real tree every year. We have a true hodgepodge of things on the tree. Ornaments that have some significance to each of us. Homemade ornaments (made by the kids not me!), stained glass ornaments from Ken's work, and some that were just too cute to pass by. No theme at all, just lots of love on the tree! Here is this years edition. Ignore the tilt, I was holding the laptop at a weird angle when I took the picture.

Lovely.

Get picasa: Picasa 3: Free download from Google It makes straightening photos really easy. Ask me why I know ;)

my tree is not lopsided but it does have two cats asleep under it. hope they go low when the get off the table it is on. if i try to drag them, they hooked their claws in the fake batting snow.

Back
Top Bottom