Christmas trees and Christmas songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
Have you spotted any Christmas trees yet? If so, where? Have you heard your first Christmas song of the year yet? If so, which one?

I havent seen any Christmas trees yet. They should be appearing for sale in the local supermarket after 2 more weeks because the traditional time to put them up and decorate them here is on 25th November.

I unfortunately hear Christmas songs all year around because my 8 year old daugher insists on listening to them on u tube. Sun blazing outside in July and ''All I want for Christmas is You'' blaring from the computer. :D

Mel

No trees yet, but I have seen a christmas tree tent being set up at a local church the other day. I've been hearing christmas music in the ornament aisle at Walmart for the last 2 weeks. I personally started with the christmas music 2 days ago with my cell phone. It plays, "It's A Marshmellow World In The Winter," by Brenda Lee.

I've seen trees for sale at Wally World here. Yesterday I heard my first Christmas song at Academy Sports.

Well I just bought my first ARTIFICIAL tree :wacko: After 4yrs of battling I finally gave in to my fiance, although he enjoys the smell of tree he HATES finding random pine needles throughout the year or them getting in the truck. I say thats what vacums are for but he insists you still find them 6 months later! But I did have to admit that with a young one now in the house we might be better off with an artificial one...*sigh*
So I bought a 9ft one off of craigslist that is pre-lit. Although when I picked it up it didn't look 9ft to me....more like 7 ft, but I don't really care...its still fake!!!:glare:

I grew up with artificial trees because Mom was allergic to pine. I can remember eyes being goopy and red for the week before Christmas when we had real trees. Finally around 1967 or 1968 she found an artificial tree that looked real. She was so happy! She would put the tree up Thanksgiving weekend and leave it up through Epiphany. I saw that WalMart here has their Christmas shop open but just heard my first Chritmas song this morning on an ad. I wasn't in the room but heard the music so I don't remember what the ad was for.

I've seen trees up at Sam's clib and at Walmart. No music yet. Someone one street away from me had their Christmas decos up on November 1st !
Waaaaaaaay to early if you ask me.

We were at Fred's Saturday and they had a tree up already...sigh....

and so it begins...

Christmas trees were decorated, lit and on display at Menards here about 3 weeks ago!!

We love Christmas music at our house-within the next couple of weeks it will be on non-stop-unless of course we pause it to watch "Christmas Vacation!!

I`v got a Dedicated MP3 player with just over 1 Gig of Christmas songs on it and I jack that into the Amp I built and listen to it all day long, and I must confess to listening to it During the year as well sometimes, I just dig it out of the Christmas decorations box and sneak a listen when no-ones home (they`d think I`m crazy).

as for Trees, well I buy the potted trees that no one wants at the end of the season, they`re usually pretty badly battered, so I rescue them and plant them out in different locations when nobody`s around, I have several Phantom Christmas trees dotted around the UK :D

as for Trees, well I buy the potted trees that no one wants at the end of the season, they`re usually pretty badly battered, so I rescue them and plant them out in different locations when nobody`s around, I have several Phantom Christmas trees dotted around the UK :D

I like that, YT - very cool!

I always feel sorry for the trees that weren't bought.

Lee

All of the pines on my property were potted Christmas trees at about 3ft. tall. I always put it on a small end table to raise it a bit. Then I plant it around the new year. The first one, planted 25 years ago is approx. 60 -- 70 ft. tall now.

But I did have to admit that with a young one now in the house we might be better off with an artificial one...*sigh*

At least you can have a tree in the house with your little one. We couldnt have any type of Christmas tree in the house until ours was 4 years old. She just had to get her hands on everything and dismantle it. We would have had to hang it from the ceiling to keep it safe from her. :LOL:

A few of my neighbours have started putting Christmas lights on their balconies already. Maybe it is a good thing because we are going to India for this Christmas. It will be good to soak up some of the Christmas spirit before we go, because I dont think there will be much of it where we are going. :)

I planted last years potted Christmas tree in the garden after Christmas. It stayed alive for 9 months and even grew some new bright green shoots.:) Then it suddenly died. :huh:

I was shopping in Munich center last Saturday. There are now quite a few Christmas trees and more going up. In the cafe after the shopping they played Christmas songs all through my coffee break. Looks like Christmas has well and truely arrived. :)

At least you can have a tree in the house with your little one. We couldnt have any type of Christmas tree in the house until ours was 4 years old. She just had to get her hands on everything and dismantle it. We would have had to hang it from the ceiling to keep it safe from her. :LOL:

We put our tree in a playpen when ours were small.

Back
Top Bottom