Classical Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
goboenomo said:
Everybody likes Pachelbel's Canon
Not everybody. If I hear that at one more wedding I am going to...well I don't know what I am going to do, but I won't be happy.

I have heard hundreds of arrangements of it. When you have heard sometime too many times it does not matter how it is arranged. You will just never like it again. That is why I got out of recording arts. You had to listen to the same thing thousands of times over and over and over. Songs that I once loved I can no longer listen to because of that.

I enjoy classical music, but usually can't remember what it is. I visited Mozart's home in Salzburg several years ago. I have quite a collection and usually play them in the car when I'm alone since dh isn't crazy about it.

I became interested in classical music a while ago. Mozart and Beethoven are great and my dog loves to listen to it. It makes me so relaxed like I don't have a care on the world when I am listening to it.

GB said:
I have heard hundreds of arrangements of it. When you have heard sometime too many times it does not matter how it is arranged. You will just never like it again. That is why I got out of recording arts. You had to listen to the same thing thousands of times over and over and over. Songs that I once loved I can no longer listen to because of that.

I'm with you on this one, GB.

I think the OP is quite young and hasn't had TIME to grow tired of certain hackneyed pieces of music yet. just give him time.:cool:

Ishbel said:
I'm with you on this one, GB.

I think the OP is quite young and hasn't had TIME to grow tired of certain hackneyed pieces of music yet. just give him time.:cool:

Strange thing that!

When I lived in England, I was a member of the church choir. We sang at weddings ; sometimes 3 or 4 per weekend. For that reason I hate the Mendelssohn Wedding March:mad: :mad: !

Same with Tchaikowsky - the 1812 Overture, Swan Lake, the Piano Concerto - yuk! Over-exposure.

Now if you want to try something exciting, listen to Beethoven's String Quartets. Especially the Razumowski.
Or tune in to some John Dowland Lute Music. You'll never need another Valium after listening to that!
Or, for a real treat, listen to a Thomas Tallis motet called " Spem in Alium " . It was written in the 16th century for 40 voices; quite an achievement then. It brings tears to my eyes, such is its beauty!

Now that I've been playing Flash flash revolution lately, I've been listening to alot of classical music remixes with some cool beats. It makes it a little more fun cause I can bounce to the beat while playing some crazy songs and "upping my uber-micro."

I am going to check out Stings new "old" music. I wonder what it will be like, it has had very positive reviews.

Dance music reworks of classical are either brilliant or cringemaking, it seems there is no middle ground. As some one who was an artist in both genres I like most of them.

Also Gobo, in the same forward thinking vein have you listens to Officium (Jan Garabek/The Hilliard Ensemble). When DH and I were planning our wedding, which did not go ahead...long story we eloped!, we planned to have this as our wedding "march". Its spine tingling at times.

I've never heard of that. There is a chance I've heard it, but dont know the name. But usually when I hear something I like, I do whatever it takes to find the name.

So I probably didn't hear it.

Alright. I'll do a search on it when I get home.

Officium, Jan Garabek -The Hilliard Ensemble?

Off to accounting. I'll be back in 2 hours. :P

I'm partial to the classical masters, Jimmie Rogers and Hank Williams Sr.
As for strings, I like Gid Tanner and His Skillet Lickers a little better than that newfangled Bill Monroe.
:)

The little country music I have heard I have really liked (this causes much derision from my husband)....perhaps I should investigate more, skillet?

So before I took my computer in to get repaired I had to format it. So I lost like 52 hours of classical music. :(
I've got alot of work to do when I get my computer back.
I barely bought any cds over the break. I got 1 a week ago. It's Mozart's Requiem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom