"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
Master Chef

Iíve registered on that site years ago, but couple of weeks ago found out that I missed a letter, and I guess that is why I have not been getting any info. All of a sudden since I fixed the mistake Iíve been bombarded with all kind of letters, pictures, phone calls etc, from friends. Wow, what fun. I have not been able to do anything else but that. No work, no food, nothing. Classmates have become my life for the last couple of weeks. I donít remember if I ate, or drink, or showered for that matter. For sure I have not been working. Oh my gosh, it is so much fun. I know excitement will die down in a few days, but in the mean time, it is unbelievable. Do you guys keep up with your classmates and child hood friends? I canít remember half of them last names, how embarrassing.

You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
What fun ! Glad you fixed your problem ! I keep in contact with only one, been friends for nearly 50 yrs. ! Shoot there are times I forget First names !!! lol

Grandma's Boys - Isaiah (11) Cameron (3 )
Barb L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sounds like a fun way to spend your time. ENJOY!!!
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
Master Chef
It is an adiction.
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
Master Chef
My high school was weird.........so small...........but we had some great people graduate from here.......Alan Keyes and Shaq O'Neil.......yep, the great Shaq.......father was in the service........unfortunately he graduated long after I had left the colony..........he really made an impression from what I understand.........and this was from a coach in Corpus Christi whose wife was in for some heart tests.......he remembered Shaq from a few years before........so it's nice to have something to brag about from such a small insignificant high school........still can't believe it.........and yes, he'll actually mention Cole High School in some of his posts..........unbelievable.........
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
Master Chef
Went to a small high school, but don't keep in contact with anyone there. Graduated, got out, never looked back!

Maverick2272 is offline   Reply With Quote