Cleaning house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I had to tell hubby that I'd help with snow shoveling last year, it was really bad, and about 5 or 6 years ago he had a bad arthritis attack. But I've told him if it gets consistent, I'm hiring help. It really is true that the minute I "help" him with one of his few jobs, it is mine for eternity. So I wind up being more of a girly wimp than I really want to be. As in, there's a mouse in the house, you're the man, big hunter man needs to kill mice. Obviously I'm not stupid, I can set a mouse trap But once I do it .... he'll never do it again!

Yeah, I had to tell hubby that I'd help with snow shoveling last year, it was really bad, and about 5 or 6 years ago he had a bad arthritis attack. But I've told him if it gets consistent, I'm hiring help. It really is true that the minute I "help" him with one of his few jobs, it is mine for eternity. So I wind up being more of a girly wimp than I really want to be. As in, there's a mouse in the house, you're the man, big hunter man needs to kill mice. Obviously I'm not stupid, I can set a mouse trap But once I do it .... he'll never do it again!

That's my problem...Letting Shrek know I can do things...thanks for the head's up. Time to get helpless...:LOL:

Yeah, I really hate doing it, it goes against my true nature. And it wasn't an issue when we were younger. I'm tall and not delicate, so I can pretty much do what needs to be done. BUT .... I don't feel I should have to do it all so I wind up playing girly, which is frankly, ridiculous.

Men and their delicate egos.

When my BIL was starting his own contracting business, he couldn't afford to hire help. So my sister would watch the kids and I would go to work with him. I learned to install furnaces, electrical wiring, pointing bricks, all sorts of things. But I never let either of my husbands know what I could do. I told my first husband that I just handed tools to him. Heck I can hang wallpaper better than most men with the minimum of waste. And a gallon of paint goes on the wall, not on the drop cloth. To look at me at 4'8" me, you would think I was delicate and helpless. Son #1 has his own contracting business now. And we talk like I was one of the workers. When he mentions buying rosettes for a doorway, I know exactly what he is talking about.

Oh save me, save me from the wicked Simon Legree. I am so helpless! :)

My kitchen gets a cleaning every other day. With spills and oil spatters, it needs it. The rest of the house, well... not so much. I tend to let it go until either I have company or I suddenly notice how gross it is and go on a cleaning frenzy.

My wife has fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue and I work 8 hard hours a day before I cook dinner and do the dishes daily. The rest of the house is not as clean as we would like...but

My kitchen gets a cleaning every other day. With spills and oil spatters, it needs it. The rest of the house, well... not so much. I tend to let it go until either I have company or I suddenly notice how gross it is and go on a cleaning frenzy.

You sound like me. I keep figuring that one of these days I will grow up and act like an adult. I'm starting to have my doubts - I'm 61.

taxlady said:
You sound like me. I keep figuring that one of these days I will grow up and act like an adult. I'm starting to have my doubts - I'm 61.

I feel better now. I'm 27 and I feel like I should be more of an adult by now. If you'll excuse me, I have to go spend a ludicrous amount of money on clothing while I ignore my gas bill. :)

I have always said that I don't want to spend my last days here on earth cleaning. I have been keeping house for more than 50 years. :ermm:

my house is cleaner right now than it has been in awhile. the cleaning gal did a great job. i am going to just enjoy it for a while. now if i could just find a craft cleaning gal, life would be wonderful. lol

my house is cleaner right now than it has been in awhile. the cleaning gal did a great job. i am going to just enjoy it for a while. now if i could just find a craft cleaning gal, life would be wonderful. lol

Didn't you say that you had some beautiful fabric that you didn't have a use for? How about trading that with your seamstress friend. If she would organize your craft area for you, you could trade her the fabric.

I had to wash dishes and clean the kitchen this week! Yippee! NOT that I enjoyed doing it, just that my husband, who used to cook very regularly, made me fetuccinni alfredo from scratch. He used to make me pasta very often, and cook at least a couple times a week, period. Then he decided he preferred cleaning the kitchen to cooking. I prefer that division of labor, to be honest, but do miss him cooking for me. When we have major meals for company and such, we both work both sides, cooking AND cleaning, both of us. But when it's just the two of is, and we're both healthy, s/he who cooks, does not scrub up afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom