Cloth Diapers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it stands to reason that anything that is re-useable is a far better "green" choice. the "reduce-reuse-recycle" thing.

even though energy costs are rising, i seriously doubt that in the larger picture, using cloth diapers is even close to using disposable ones, as far as wasting both energy, resources, and landfill space.

i applaud anyone who uses cloth diapers for reasons of conscience. we did not, btw, so i go the extra mile (on foot) in other areas to help save energy and live by the three r's or environmentalism.

certainly no expert here in these new style cloth diapers, but from what I have read, there is not as much washing to them as you are assuming. It is recommended that the wool covers be washed about every six weeks, unless soiled with bm. The wool sheds moisture. And the diaper itself comes with inserts, it is the inserts that gets washed after getting wet/soiled, these are about the size of a maxi pad.

I saw it estimated that 27 billion disposables are used each year in the US. What amount of energy is expended to make and dispose of 27 billion diapers?
You said wool before and I started scratching. Isn't wool on a child a dangerous thing? Wool is the #1 irritable fabric for people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom