"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 03-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Okay so the question with a question thread stirred this. Do you think clowns are creepy? Do they scare your kids? Do they scare you? Do you think they should be done away with?

My daughter has a friend that is just scared to death of clowns. Me, they freak me out to the point where even the Wife Swap ep with a family of clown freaked me out and I can't stay at Circus Circus in Las Vegas.

What do you think?

Callisto in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Executive Chef
I know a lot of people who are afraid of clowns. One of my grown sons used to be very afraid of them and even now, he says they "creep him out". But he said it was because when he was little, I was reading the Steven King book "It" and it had a horrible clown on the cover with blood dripping from his teeth. What do you think made you afraid of them, Callisto?

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Nope... they don't bother me. I can't stand scorpians though.. Scared to death of them.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Head Chef
No problems. Other people think dolls are creepy, but not me. Now if you had some doll with a crazed mania look on it's face, then that would scare me!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #5
Senior Cook
Clowns never bothered me much. I never saw It, but I did enjoy Killer Klowns from Outer Space which is pretty much what it sounds like and twice as cheesy.

The clowns in are pretty freaky. Wisecracking robots, on the other hand, are always welcome.
DrThunder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #6
Master Chef
For me it's the makeup that creeps me out-----I have had oily skin all my life and when I see that goop all over and that oily sheen I can just feel my skin breaking out---Noxema used to do that to me and then the contrast of their teeth against the makeup---ughhhh!! From a distance they're fun to watch when they are being funny just not up close and personal
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
Executive Chef
When I was four there was a show which I think was "20000 leagues under the sea" but I'm not sure (US series in a submarine) and one episode had a clown doll that would come to life and I think kill people but it may have been less sinister than that. Turned me off clowns for my childhood. Can't say they have ever since appealled, nor do I find the funny but I am not afraid of them.
Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #8
Senior Cook
I didnt use to see what people found scary about them. Until a few years ago I had a nightmare including a very nasty clown. Ive been pretty scared of them since then. I would never ever like to see one in real life, lol
SHAMALICIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:46 AM   #9
Assistant Cook
I'm not too fond of clowns after reading 'It' as a teenager. Never had a problem before then, but now it seems that they are all indeed out to get me, all eyeing me with that certain "I'm gonna eat you" gleam in their eye's.

While in the air force though, I met an airman that was a professional clown on the side, and unfortunately, he looked like he could eat someone even while off duty as a clown after finding out he did that on the side. Come to think of it, I knew something was "off" with him before he ever revealed his clown college degree :)

Oh well, clowns are freaky, but don't make me run and hide in fear ;)

nbk12ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 AM   #10
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
nada, it has no effect on me. I find it fascinating that it`s such a Common dislike though, I wonder what the cause is?

So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote