cnn: Burger King reinvents flame broiling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rib-eye steak sandwiches and shrimp kabobs?!?!? Can you imagine.......real food from BK (but hey, I like some of BK’s stuff!!). McD is gonna get trounced. I wonder how McD will answer this in order to try and keep the lead?

McD's is barely even recognizable as food.

i'll admit though, the fries are a guilty treat. But even those have lost most of their appeal to me. Still, a couple times a year i'll get a wicked craving.

McD's is barely even recognizable as food.

i'll admit though, the fries are a guilty treat. But even those have lost most of their appeal to me. Still, a couple times a year i'll get a wicked craving.

I like the McDoanld's Fish sandwich.

The fries are good, especially the limp ones.

I drive right by a BK that's in town, only to travel ten minutes outside of town to a McD's. To me anyway, everything at BK has that fake smoke taste to it. They can stick anything they want on their menu and it won't bring me into their store. And let's face it.... nobody stops at these places for their food. We stop because we have a taste for something..... if you know what I mean.
I miss "Red Barn" fast food from when I was a kid. Burgers, hot dogs, fried chicken... They probably couldn't make it because they were too diversified. Now everybody is adding more items to their regular fare :wacko:

I was told that a Certain BK at least, Boils the burgers before putting them on the grill, although I have No idea how true it is or not?

I was told that a Certain BK at least, Boils the burgers before putting them on the grill, although I have No idea how true it is or not?

I doubt it.

The BK restaurants have a constant velocity conveyor belt style broiler. Frozen patties are placed on the conveyor belt at one end and are properly cooked when the come out the other end.

indeed, the limp ones are the best. with a ton of salt, and no ketchup, is the way i like them.

As for the Fish, they probably caught them in the jersey bay ;)

I'd go for the shrimp kabobs if BK uses Gulf shrimp instead of the farm-raised stuff, but since the farm-raised is cheaper I'll bet that is what it'll be.

I still like Big Mac now and then, but I also occasionally like a Whopper. And the Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe from Wendy's (hey, it's $.99!). But I like burgers on the backyard grill most of all.

I would be curious to try the shrimp kabobs. THen again what if I like them, then I would have to battle stopping everytime I pass a BK. So maybe this would fall under the "If I never taste it, I can never crave it." catagory.

Hey! I've been thinking for years that a successful steak-house could be made by using three ocnstant velocity conveyor grilling machines, set at diffenrent speed rates so that the steaks would be rare, medium-rare, and well-done, depending on the machine you stuck the steak on. And you could make grilled chicken, various kabobs, and even lamb or pork chops on the machines as well.

They're stealing my idea. Can you imagine, fast foot gourmet? Oh, if I only had working capito.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom