Cocaine--the soda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullseye

Head Chef
In our area this "cocaine" soda is being sold in roller rinks and other places children and youths frequent:

Cocaine energy drink information, all about the Cocaine Drink

I am outraged. My gf told me about her 12 year old daughter coming home, having sampled this; she was wired until 4 AM. She told her Mom she had tried "cocaine." What do you think? IMO, this is totally reprehensible. How can they allow this to be sold to children?

OK - This is OK for adults and those who may need some extra energy - as in cramming for tests etc.. BUT I do not feel children should be encouraged to think the use of Cocaine is OK... My daughter and her friends now think that Cocaine is good for them... I explained the difference to them but they do not get it - They think its OK to use as they like the soda and feel that if the soda is that good what would it be like to use the drug itself??? --- I say BOYCOTT!!!! Fighting drug use is hard enough without allowing children to be encouraged to use drugs - legal or otherwise !!!!!!!

I agree. They should just stick with Red Bull. I drunk that at an orchestra festival a year ago. It worked wonders enough.
It was quite funny actually. People saw how awake I was so early in the morning and I could read my music because my eyes werent heavy at all, and my fingers were moving like crazy. It was actually the best I played. The next day there was a large group of other people drinking Red Bulls. :P haahah

I heard about this beverage called "cocaine" about a month ago. It has alot more caffeine than most beverages. The thing for me is how they can get away with calling it by an illegal drug name and selling it to the most popular age group, young teens. Appauling :mad:

They "interviewed" the creator of Cocaine (the drink) on the Jon Stewart show and they also did a blind taste test with passerbys. it was hilarious. I dont think this drink is going to make any money - but I agree, its shocking to think this could legally be sold as "cocaine, the energy drink".

In a nust shell...I agree with what everyone has said. How appalling!!:ohmy: :glare::angry: :censored:If anyone knows of a website or anything that I can go to boycott it, please let me know.

I think it is disgusting on several levels. If it has that much caffeine I don't think it should be sold to minors at all, regardless of the name. Whats next, marketing no-doze to kids using the name Crystal Meth?

Last edited:
Am with mudbug, I thought this was a put on.

But sadly, I am starting to realize it may not be.

Selling any product, no matter how legal, and name it cocaine is morally repugnant.

To do so with a high caffieine and sugar charged drink, is almost encouraging kids to use the real thing.

I know I am getting to the old fogey stage, and that kids today are a lot more aware than we were at their ages, but equating a supercharged coffee type drink (and that is what we are talking about) to an illegal, and quite harmful drug, is not only irresponsible, but is dangerous.

I am not a big fan of the government, any government, but sounds like this is a product upon which a very hard foot should step.

Look what I found

went to the site and was amazed at the obvious words they used to encorage kids to want to get high and reach a better state of euphoria
We'll here's the info! It's a brand new Energy Drink on the market. Still very hard to get get. The makers claim it has no cocaine in it, but named it that because of the intense upper/energy effect that it has. It may also offer so throat numbing effects. The Cocaine energy drink it's supposed to last for 5-6 hours! That's an extremely long time for a kick in the pants to last!
Another plus to this cocaine energy drink is that it is supposed to give you a "High" followed by a state of Euphoria within five minutes of the drink. After the initial high you get a energy buzz that last for 5 to 6 hours. What happens after that you might ask? The manufacturer states that not only will you get 5-6 hours of extreme energy, you will experience no crash after the energy buzz wears off.

Last edited:
Reanie525i said:
went to the site and was amazed at the obvious words they used to encorage kids to want to get high and reach a better state of euphoria
Would you mind posting the link to that site.

Strictly as a product, I don't care one way or the other. People are going to get their buzz where ever.
On a marketing level, however, I don't care much for the name, knowing that kids are going to be the prime target. They may cover their collective butts by having all the disclaimers in the world, but if it's sold at a bowling alley...you may as well sell it at the theatre.

If it is as potent as the label and ads suggest, and the heart rate is accelerated as much as could be expected, I can bet you dollars to donuts (what does that mean, exactly??) that you are going to get kids in the ER with arythmia (sp?), sweats, shakes, and just about anything else the regular cocaine gives you, with the exception of the bloody nose.

I would have prefered a different name.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom