Coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
They have said that coffee is the next thing going up in price. Lot of warehouses in New Orleans underwater. When you go to store better stock up. I believe you can freeze coffee to keep fresh. First gas, now coffee! It doesn't do any good to try to buy things on sale, just gets higher next time you need some. I can't do without coffee!

ITK, recently heard on the news, now coffee is Good for you, lol. Maybe that's why the price went up? Gave up coffee on a daily basis, long ago because of caffeine. Maybe if it's cheaper than gas we can put it in our tank.

mish said:
Gave up coffee on a daily basis, long ago because of caffeine.
I did the same thing. It was hard for about 3 weeks, but now I am so happy to not NEED that cup each morning. On the weekends I will occasionally still enjoy a cup with my wife though.

DW gave it up while she was pregnant, but now that she is working an overnight shift she is back on it again. I hope the prices don't get too out of control!

I love coffee, but for some reason never got to the cup a day DH has to have. I enjoy coffee only on weekends, mostly because it's my time to relax. I can't enjoy coffee on the go, so don't usually have any during the weekday.:)

I NEED my coffee!! I'm a mean mean person until I've
had my morning cup!!!

pdswife said:
had my morning cup!!!

Here ya go, pds
3.gif
Wanna keep you smilin'! :mrgreen:

You are right mish, I did hear that it was supposed to be good for you. Can't remember why? Anything good or necessary gets price increase. Well, I will just have to do without something so I can have my coffee. Do you call me spoiled? I am hard to deal with until I have my first cup.

Now if you want coffee to wake you up..Drink Hawaii's Kona! It will take the enamal off your teeth!

Sorry Wasabi...:angel:

pdswife said:
had my morning cup!!!
You too pds? My guys all know ya don't talk to the bear til coffee is in hand...:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

My children always ask my husband, "Has Mom had her coffee yet?" before asking me to do anything for them in the morning. And twice now, my older daughter has quietly pushed the cup into my hand and tiptoed out of the room to let me awake in peace. What wonderful kids!

I understand that completely, Alix... I might have to re-think this kid thing... how old do they have to be before they'll do THAT for you??? :LOL:

They are quite useful sometimes, my older daughter cleans the house for me. (its a long term investment but its worth it eventually) Go on get one Z!

Fast

Kids pick up on things pretty fast. One thing for sure they know when you love them that they do return that love some way eventually. It is such an awesome feeling to have. Love is truly like a warm blanket on cold night. Having only on exhusband who could not open his heart to any of us made me grateful I received love from my family. I am thankful you posted these things about your children. Gives one special feeling. Makes you want to do more for them. Children are true gift.

The Z said:
I understand that completely, Alix... I might have to re-think this kid thing... how old do they have to be before they'll do THAT for you??? :LOL:

The asking if Mom has had coffee yet started when they were oh...2 or 3. The pushing the coffee into my limp hand was at age 10.

ITK, children truly are a special blessing. And thanks for reminding me of that. There are moments when I would cheerfully duct tape them both to the walls. Thankfully, the weather is good now, and they are back to school so they have less time to pester one another!

I meant to add (back to the subject) that I will drink ANY brand of coffee, but once I pry my eyelids open and can actually taste the nectar of the gods, I like to have either maple coffee or butter pecan. Mmmmm. Quite the flavour treat!

Luckily, I've got enough coffee on hand to last me a month or two. That hard part is that my decanter broke a couple weeks ago, so I've had to resort to instant coffee until I get around to buying a new decanter.

Alix

Maple flavor or butter pecan? What brand makes that? Whenever I try something on my own it doesn't taste right. Would like to give yours a try. Do you add milk or cream? I just drink Maxwell House or Folgers. Grew up on that. Only time I drank instant was when electric was off and had to drink with warm water, never did get hot. Nothing compares to coffee from coffeemaker.

We've tried several different coffees, but the BEST is eight o'clock 100% columbian, rich, but not bitter. We drink ours black, always.

If you want cheap coffee, Ikea sells a pretty good ground coffee for $2.50/bag.

Also, Alix, you can spice up your coffee with any of the following:

1. In Your Filter: cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger. One or more together (about 1/2 tsp)

2. From the pantry: a small shot of syrup: Maple, Butter Pecan, even Raspberry!

3. From Cost Plus: Torani flavored syrups - they make about 30 different flavors. A favorite of mine is Coconut. Also good is the gingerbread coffee syrup that Starbucks sells each holiday season

4. From the cupboard: a tiny portion (maybe 1/8 tsp) of powdered jell-o mix is good - like try the orange in your coffee - it's quite tasty!

When in doubt, add a drop or two (or three) of extract to the coffee pot after the coffee has brewed - Vanilla + Almond is a good combo, as is maple-vanilla. For a wackier taste, add a few red-hot candies to your hot coffee.

hmmmmm...wonder why I'm craving coffee now......!

Those sound great Jkath. I have put cinnamon in my coffee filter before, but never heard of jello. I will have to try that!

When I was in collage, if I made it to breakfast (which was not too often) I would take a cup of black coffee and put a scoop of coffee or chocolate ice cream in it. These days I would never adulterate my coffee like that. The college coffee needed all the help it could get though :-p

Back
Top Bottom