Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
The news said coffee was supposed to go up in price since hurricanes. Are they telling false informat ion again? Sorry if I got all of you scared. I don't like to spread something not true.

Nope, not false. Ours have already gone up down here. It was $1.59 for a 1 pound can now it's $2.99 And it's suppose to go up more.

After it was reported several weeks ago, I started buying extra while it was on sale (13 oz pkg Eight O'clock Columbia Roast) $3.31. It has gone back to the price before sale $3.89. If the weather stays warm, I have enough for quite a while. If not, it will be gone in a month. I believe that many of the newscasts try to have us agitated about one thing or another all the time. I'm going to do the best I can and not worry about all that they say. I think that will keep my head straight enough to deal with a problem if it does arise. In fact, I find myself tuning out the news most of the time.

I hope my coffee doesn't go up in price, it's already expensive enough! I got spoiled by drinking Illy (a DELICIOUS Italian brand) coffee habitually at a little cafe where I used to work, so now that's the only brand I buy. I think the price of coffee depends on which port it is imported....I think that Illy comes through NY/NJ, so I think it's Hurricaine-proof for the moment.
Speaking of which...it's time for some more - fill me up!
:pig:

even in Germany prices go up because of the hurricane... :rolleyes:
it`s a cheap excuse to earn more money....

but I think we had these coffeeprice-diskussion over here in Germany before the hurricane... there was stg with a bad harvest or so..:ermm:

Stock Up

Better get some more if you all think it is going to get higher. I just don't know what I would do without it. I get up to fix it but to keep going is what I worry about. I do drink my vinegar tonic but the coffee is like fuel to fix the tonic. When I wake up at 5 I don't want to go back to bed at 6. Got to keep going.

Stock Up

Better stock up on some more coffee this weekend if you all think it is going to get higher. I just don't know what I would do without it. I get up to fix it but to keep going is what I worry about. I do drink my vinegar tonic but the coffee is like fuel to fix the tonic. When I wake up at 5 I don't want to go back to bed at 6. Got to keep going.

On Sale

I just wonder why the coffee is on special sale? I bought 4 cans cause other people were buying more than one. I find my food bills are increasing. Are yours? Not only when I buy coffee but in general spending more. Now the checker told me sugar is going up and I saw that on sale too. I can't keep up with this game. Do you know I got leg of lamb for $1.99 lb. Don't you think something was wrong there? No one was buying it but they generally don't like it that much anyway. I just never got it at that price. I will save it for Christmas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom