"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Coincidences or 'spooky-ish' moments in your life!

I remember when I was getting married, Our church was 'Our Lady Queen Of Peace' My mum-in-law and dad-in-law were married in a church in Ireland with the same name. We were in Kenya.Ok so that was fine, but when the choir sang my favorite hymn which I had selected specially for my wedding , my mum-in-law asked, me, 'How did they know that was my favorite song! I didn't know what to say, but did eventually tell her that its my favorite hymn not her's' We smile about it now! What's yours?

Old 12-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
Everymom

I wish I had something cool to add. I don't. My spookiest coincidences are my similarities to two ladies here on the boards. One tends to post nearly the same thing at the same time as me. LOL, which makes for a bit of redundant redundancy.

I can hardly wait to read the other spooky things folks post though. Thanks for a cool idea Jikoni.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
FAR too many to list actualy, but the latest was last saturday.
Friday night I was thinking to myself I wish I had a small peice of Lead sheeting so I can make a small box to put my Isotopes in.
we had a bad storm that night, and right on my front door step (about 2 foot away) was a nice square of lead sheeting!
you could tell it was obviously blown off someones roof, but it was about 12 inch square and just Perfect size!
I`ve made the box and there`s no leftover bits of metal, and everything fits in it Perfectly :)

now THAT is a Coincidence and a half! :))

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
One of my spooky coincidences is SOMEONE here posts almost the same things I do at the same time - we have even said the same thing on MSN and hit ENTER at the same time. I cannot divulge her name though!!!! ^

When I was biking a lot (as in bicycle) I would always bike by this house - I was drawn to that house - the garden was wild, free, and yet well-maintained - you could tell someone LOVED their flowers.

The first time my now husband took me to his parents house guess where we went? THAT was eerie!!!!!

As I was driving home after my sister's funeral (12 hours away) I pulled into a rest area to nap for about 20 minutes. When I pulled back out onto the highway I got behind a truck with the initials P.A.M. - well, that was my sister's name.

My husband and I were talking last night - I was telling him about a conversation I had with someone, I just couldn't remember who, and told him what it was about. He said - ummmm, I had that conversation with so and so today but I haven't talked to you about it yet - that's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
Sous Chef

My mother went to high school in Beaverhead Montana, a tiny little town. I went to high school many years later in Auburn, Washington - a small town south of Seattle.

I used to rant to my mother about my American History teacher. She'd give a test and talk through it. She would frequently demonstrate her double jointedness at assemblies. My mother would always say no one could be as bad as her American History/Business teacher had been. This was a frequent topic of converstation around the dinner table.

One day I brought home a letter from my teacher nominating me to take part in a "Great Books" class. She had signed it formally using her maiden name and her married name. Mom sent my brother downstairs to get her high school yearbook out of the storage room - Mom opened it up and there was "our" American History teacher! My brother went to school and shared the story for show and tell - his teacher commented that her mother had told her all about it. I told my boyfriend - he asked what her husband did - all I knew was he taught math at another nearby high school (where my boy friend took algebra from him).

Hmmmmmmmm, just strange enough.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Lynan
Hubster and I were getting organised to go to a Tina Turner concert in a city an hour away. We were both seated in the lounge, talking, when I heard the electric jug boiling. I thought hubby had turned it on and he thought I had.
Nothing was said. Five minutes later the same thing happened. Jug boiled, clicked off and we both looked at each other in amazement and went to check what fairy/leprechaun was going to serve us tea!
No one was there of course, we lived in the country then and the dogs would have alerted us to any visitors.
The electric jug was the type that requires a physical push on a button to turn it on. A firm push.

Half an hour later, just as we were about to leave the house the phone rang. It was a Hospital calling to say my brother had been admitted in a pretty bad state. He was estranged from the family at the time and staff at the Hospital had been frantically trying to trace someone related.

I read an awful lot into the jug incident, and I know who was trying to tell me something!!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #7
Everymom

Oh! I do have one sort of weird thing that happens. Sometimes I will answer a question that Ken hasn't actually asked out loud yet. He does it to me more often though.

And we absolutely kick arse in Pictionary. He can draw about a 1/4 inch line and I will come up with something bizarre like "coffee table" and it will be right. Frustrates our opponents no end. LOL! Anyone up for a game?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #8
Senior Cook

mine's nothing big: a couple times I've looked over at my cellphone and picked it up just to look at it and suddenly I get a call.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:42 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Obviously this is not a good read before bedtime for people like me. I get freaked easily. Got some more though! Not spooks, just conicidences. Better go to sleep and post tomorrow! I am easily spooked that's all.Did I start this thread?!
Old 12-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
Head Chef

There are a lot of Coincidences or "Spooky-ish" Moments In My Life and let me see what I remember the most.

I had an electric outage in the Condo a few years back. My TV in the den started smoking so I pulled out the cord and I had only lights in my bathrooms and my computer still worked. I burned out my radio, cassette player and DVD player next to the TV in the den.

The electrician came out the next day and the whole thing started with a light in the hallway. It took him 2-1/2 hours to fix everything. I had to get a new TV and VCR in the den and that was a very expensive experience.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote