"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
right now i am cold in so. calif. heater is blasting and i have on a sweater. not sure what the temp. is but my body says it is too cold. oh well it will be eighty here before we know it. probably on christmas day. lol
I just checked and no wonder you're cold it's 6C (43 F) and going down to 3C (37F) in Escondido.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I just checked and no wonder you're cold it's 6C (43 F) and going down to 3C (37F) in Escondido.
That is definitely cold for SoCal. Wrap up warm, Babe!

Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
right now i am cold in so. calif. heater is blasting and i have on a sweater. not sure what the temp. is but my body says it is too cold. oh well it will be eighty here before we know it. probably on christmas day. lol

The first Christmas I spent in California it was 80 degrees. Kind of takes the HO Ho Ho out of things, at least it did for this Michigander.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
The first Christmas I spent in California it was 80 degrees. Kind of takes the HO Ho Ho out of things, at least it did for this Michigander.
I know what you mean. In 2007 we spent Christmas in Florida with SO's daughter and family. It was kind of weird walking around Epcot Center or deep frying a turkey out by the pool in shorts and a tee shirt.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesfolk View Post
I don't even like those temperatures in the summer...70F or less for me! I'm always looking for an iceberg in the summer.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #16
Cook

Funny! Living about 700 miles north of Montana we have pretty harsh/long/cold winters with lots of windchill. This year we had snow in September (melted) but usually stays on the ground for 6 consecutive months. Nothing unusual about being -40 for weeks on end. Doesn't mean we like it, though!

I am, however, glad that although our summers get hot (100F) the hot days don't drag on and on and on forever.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #17
Everymom

fricasse, how far north ARE you? We've got a few Albertans here.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricasse View Post
Funny! Living about 700 miles north of Montana we have pretty harsh/long/cold winters with lots of windchill. This year we had snow in September (melted) but usually stays on the ground for 6 consecutive months. Nothing unusual about being -40 for weeks on end. Doesn't mean we like it, though!

I am, however, glad that although our summers get hot (100F) the hot days don't drag on and on and on forever.
I enjoy any weather that means I'm not roasting or the sun isn't burning me up! Even before the dreaded hot flashes started!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #19
Cook

We live a couple of hours north of you and drive to Edmonton when we can to go to the Italian Centre, T&T and the little spice (and other) shops.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #20
Head Chef

When it hit 40 F for the first time I reluctantly decided that if it stayed that cold another night I'd have to turn the furnace on. At 35 I started wearing a cap & glove for my nightly walk- still wore shorts, though. When it hit 0 for the first time I decided I'd better dig out my winter coat as soon as I had the chance.