Cold is a relative thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When it hit 40 F for the first time I reluctantly decided that if it stayed that cold another night I'd have to turn the furnace on. At 35 I started wearing a cap & glove for my nightly walk- still wore shorts, though. When it hit 0 for the first time I decided I'd better dig out my winter coat as soon as I had the chance.

Don't forget the sweat pants. Gotta keep those knees warm now.

I am sitting here wearing my long johns:)

I got several pairs of sweat pants yesterday. Gee whiz, they are so soft and warm.

There is a coolness to the air, but it's nice. The windows are still open. As long as the wind is out of the south, it stays nice for me since my windows face north.

Last edited:
I lived for 5 endless winters in Ely Minnesota--temps dropped to 30 or 40 below zero regularly, snow stayed on the ground from November til April. I often expected to see woolly mammoths trundle across the road. I honestly do not understand why anyone would voluntarily live like that, but I guess to each his own.

I am in Missouri now, and while I remember that I won't die if I go outdoors when the temperature is below freezing, I don't do it unless I absolutely have to. No long handles for me!!

Fortunately, I am not 'vital personnel', so when the snow comes, or ice, I can stay home.

Sunshine and humidity, please come back!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom