"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
I'm like you in that aspect of film developing I enjoy everything but Tray processing and reeling the film on the film reel in the darkroom , However I really love the rest of it and I'm just learning to man up on things I don't want to wuss out on such as reeling the film up on those film reels, and then the tank processes where you stand there for an hour waiting on 1 photo, Well I should have said 1 photo x15 people.
I guess you can say the same with me when it comes to doing pizzas. I like the pizza making part except for making the dough from scratch. I buy fresh dough from Trader Joe's and shape it out. Basically, I don't have the time and patience to make my own dough. All other aspects of pizza making, I enjoy...:D

Old 08-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
I guess you can say the same with me when it comes to doing pizzas. I like the pizza making part except for making the dough from scratch. I buy fresh dough from Trader Joe's and shape it out. Basically, I don't have the time and patience to make my own dough. All other aspects of pizza making, I enjoy...:D
Oh yeah I know what you mean,

I'm the same way now.

I used to make pizza dough from scratch but now that I'm in college I will be in college and I will not have that time to make the dough any more.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #13
Master Chef

just this year's fees = $42,000! my sallie mae fees tally like $20,000 more! thank the Lord for student loans & grants!!
Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
just this year's fees = $42,000! my sallie mae fees tally like $20,000 more! thank the Lord for student loans & grants!!
What kind of classes are you going for?

And pretty soon I will be up there in bills that high once I go to FullSail college!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
my daughter finished classes that were paid for by fed. gov. grants
she has enrolled for four more. she is sweating the grants. since they have been in trouble for a while. no grant no school. she is self employed and the business is tanking in this economy. she is trying to learn how to do something else. she is almost fifty years old and her grants also depend on her income. keep fingers crossed she will get the grants.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #16
Master Chef

[quote=Chile Chef;844837]What kind of classes are you going for?

quote]
i'm a le Corden Bleu student.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #17
Sous Chef

A little update, I've talked to my councilor today after class, and she told me my math score put me into Algebra 10 "one class from Trigonometry 1" So I will get the math class done during the winter semester.

She also told me I've scored very low in the English test, and put me in 2 English classes in the fall, and spring semester along with my vis com class.

So in winter semester will be vis com II, Algebra 10, Spring semester will be English 97, and vis comm III.