College isn't cheap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Look what I had to pay and get help with 2 classes

Summary for Semester Selected Fall 2009 Description Charge Payment Balance ART MAT FEE $45.00

$45.00
BOOKSTORE-MAIN-FALL $56.39

$56.39
CULINARY MAT FEE $0.00

$0.00
TUITION-STATE-FALL $1,022.00

$773.00
VISUAL COMM MAT FEE $30.00

$20.00
GENERAL FEE - MAIN $77.00

$55.00
HEALTH SERVICES FEE $20.00

$0.00
REVOLVING LOAN DUE $291.00

$291.00
LOAN/PAYMENT PLAN PROCESS FEE $10.00

$10.00
REVOLV LOAN APPLIED
$291.00
$0.00
CASHIER - VISA PAYMENT
$10.00
$0.00
Semester Charges: $1,551.39
Semester Credits and Payments: $301.00
Semester Balance: $1,250.39
Anticipated Credits (Not included in Balance): Description Credit Pell Grant $1,338.00
Total Anticipated Credits: $1,338.00

Just think if I wanted to be a docter?

Tell me about it! I'm paying for two classes at the community college for myself (nearly $1000) and then about $5500 for fall semester at UVA for my son. That doesn't include living expenses since he will be staying off campus this year!

Yes... I spent $10,000 for my year at school last year, and my son's education is costing about $15,000/yr. And we are getting it for less than what the going rate is around the country. It's nothing for folks to spend $30,000+/yr.
I've sunk a lot of $$ into education.
at least you have a grant...

During my junior year in college I decided to take the self-employment route as an opportunity arose and dropped out of college. I've been self-employed for 30 years this year. I think I made the right move...

During my junior year in college I decided to take the self-employment route as an opportunity arose and dropped out of college. I've been self-employed for 30 years this year. I think I made the right move...
Very cool Roadfix, What was your major?

Yes... I spent $10,000 for my year at school last year, and my son's education is costing about $15,000/yr. And we are getting it for less than what the going rate is around the country. It's nothing for folks to spend $30,000+/yr.
I've sunk a lot of $$ into education.
at least you have a grant...
Wow Where did you go if I may ask?

The writing part. I never liked it and was never good at it. All other aspects of film making, I enjoyed.
I'm like you in that aspect of film developing I enjoy everything but Tray processing and reeling the film on the film reel in the darkroom , However I really love the rest of it and I'm just learning to man up on things I don't want to wuss out on such as reeling the film up on those film reels, and then the tank processes where you stand there for an hour waiting on 1 photo, Well I should have said 1 photo x15 people.

I'm like you in that aspect of film developing I enjoy everything but Tray processing and reeling the film on the film reel in the darkroom , However I really love the rest of it and I'm just learning to man up on things I don't want to wuss out on such as reeling the film up on those film reels, and then the tank processes where you stand there for an hour waiting on 1 photo, Well I should have said 1 photo x15 people.

I guess you can say the same with me when it comes to doing pizzas. I like the pizza making part except for making the dough from scratch. I buy fresh dough from Trader Joe's and shape it out. Basically, I don't have the time and patience to make my own dough. All other aspects of pizza making, I enjoy...:D

I guess you can say the same with me when it comes to doing pizzas. I like the pizza making part except for making the dough from scratch. I buy fresh dough from Trader Joe's and shape it out. Basically, I don't have the time and patience to make my own dough. All other aspects of pizza making, I enjoy...:D
Oh yeah I know what you mean,

I'm the same way now.

I used to make pizza dough from scratch but now that I'm in college I will be in college and I will not have that time to make the dough any more.

just this year's fees = $42,000! my sallie mae fees tally like $20,000 more! thank the Lord for student loans & grants!!

just this year's fees = $42,000! my sallie mae fees tally like $20,000 more! thank the Lord for student loans & grants!!

my daughter finished classes that were paid for by fed. gov. grants
she has enrolled for four more. she is sweating the grants. since they have been in trouble for a while. no grant no school. she is self employed and the business is tanking in this economy. she is trying to learn how to do something else. she is almost fifty years old and her grants also depend on her income. keep fingers crossed she will get the grants.

A little update, I've talked to my councilor today after class, and she told me my math score put me into Algebra 10 "one class from Trigonometry 1" So I will get the math class done during the winter semester.

She also told me I've scored very low in the English test, and put me in 2 English classes in the fall, and spring semester along with my vis com class.

So in winter semester will be vis com II, Algebra 10, Spring semester will be English 97, and vis comm III.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom