College question deans list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
What does it mean when you have an account open at your local college and you just checked it because you wanted to see your final winter grades and they we're 4.0 +

Ok it says my account is in good standing & I'm on the deans list, What does that mean?

Dean's list is usually based on GPA. The cutoff can be different for different schools.

But if you made the list for the last semester, congrats. You did well.

Thanks guys, but what does that still mean? And does that mean a few doors will open once I get close to my asa in art?

Well in this recession some college grads with 4.0 GPA's can't find full time work and are working part time jobs WAYY outside of their major just to bring money in.

Just because you have a high GPA does not mean you will be a winner in life.

Your school should provide all the information you need about the deans list at your school.

the Dean's list is a 4.0 average, for some a 3.5 or above. 4.0 in my school. & that's like straight a's. i was on that list & tucked the certificate into my portfolio.
be proud. that's an accomplishment.
that won't likely get your job though. references, letters of recommendation from instructors, attendance, demonstrating your skills, previous employers, extras like volunteeer work.....
i've gotten 2 jobs sans the application & resume or letters or certificates by showing them my knife-skills & cooking. 1 restaurant wanted me to cook a soup that was vegan/kosher. i poked around & found the stuff for a vegan french onion soup, & they hired me.
great work, you're awesome!

Thanks everyone for the replies, I didn't know what it meant at first, because I was never smart in high school. Or middle school. And I've never been on any honer rolls before, But it feels good to be on one finally! And does this mean if I apple to a 2 year fraternity like thy data capa (I don't think that's the right spelling) I could stand a chance of getting in?

check thier website or speak to someone that belongs to the society you're into joining.

Making the Dean's List is an honor, indeed, but it is just one semester's GPA - like making the National Honor Society "A" Honor Roll in Jr/High school. That really doesn't count for much outside of that semester - you can make the Dean's List several times and still not graduate with honors. Graduating with honors will be what you use on your resume to impress. Graduation with honors 'cumm laude' requirements can vary but in general: GPA for cumm laude (with honor) - 3.5 to 3.74; GPA for magna cumm laude (with great honor) - 3.75 to 3.99; GPA for summa cumm laude (with highest honor) - 4.0+. [the correct spelling for 'cumm' is with only one 'm' but our word censor program will not allow it - it thinks I'm trying to type a dirty word]

By data capa are you perhaps thinking of Delta Kappa? Different fraternities, and schools, have different requirements to pledge and actively participate in fraternity activities. You'll have to check with the fraternity to see what their requirements are.

Congrats on making the Dean's List for this semester. Keep up the good work and you'll graduate with honors!

Making the Dean's List is an honor, indeed, but it is just one semester's GPA - ....
....you can make the Dean's List several times and still not graduate with honors.

Yep, happened to me. For me, being on the Dean's List a couple of semesters were a result of my taking many more or all elective courses during those semesters. I knew I'd excel on those courses I've elected.

Back
Top Bottom