Colon Cleanser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big family history of colon incidents in my family, so I had my first
one at age 43.
The prep wasn't really bad, and the procedure was forgettable.
As in the drugs were really good and I remember nothing! LOL

Bout time to find out if my insurance covers colonoscopies, too.
pffft.

Familiar

This is one thing I am all too familiar with. No one in family had this trouble. Doctor tells me the lifestyle I had to adjust to was not helpful in regard to this. I have no choice but to go through the procedure as the doctor directs. The prep for this is what is hard. They do put you to sleep and then you pray that the outcome is negative. It really doesn't hurt if you are asleep. Last time I had appointment with doctor he told me the patient before me was having procedure done w/o any medication to fall asleep. I asked him if he was serious and he surely was. He did not suggest this to the patient, it was his own idea. Wow and MORE wow! What if you move? No one in family had this trouble. Doctor tells me the lifestyle I had to adjust to was not helpful in regard to this.

The colonoscopy really got more public awareness when Katie Couric's husband died from colon cancer. Then someone said she had it done. I did not see her but the doctor said she did public service.

Hoping all of your results are negative and that you pray for hope and strength from Him Who grants it. Reminds me I go to doctor again tomorrow.

The main role of colon cleanser is to clear the colon free of any kinds of toxins and the faecal matter. As a result the toxins present in the colon is prevented from recirculation along with the blood stream and thus the colon cleanser help in preventing various colon problems.

I would not advise a "colon cleanse" for anybody. They can be dangerous and even if they don't cause a gastric event they can leach important stuff out of your system. Besides they are unnecessary. If you have no gastric symptoms your colon is nicely balanced, thank you very much, so just leave it alone!

I've had 2 colonoscopies. I can tell you that Vodka and Tonic Water are clear liquids! Even if you skip the vodka, tonic is a good mixer for the stuff you have to drink! Or at least it made me think it tasted better :wacko:

My mixer of choice is Sprite with a straw halfway down my throat. Sort of like a margarita. It really wasn't bad. I prefer it to the starving all day.

My mother died of colon cancer, not a nice thing to watch so I suggest that everyone get one when the doc says it's time.

I can tell you that Vodka and Tonic Water are clear liquids! Even if you skip the vodka, tonic is a good mixer for the stuff you have to drink! Or at least it made me think it tasted better :wacko:

I wish I would have none this before I had one. Drinking that stuff is just pure nasty YUK!...

Back
Top Bottom