Colorful Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
OK, who can think of music that has color in it?

Sometimes I cannot think of the title; if you can't, just put in the line from the song.

"In the deep purple night ..."

"She wore blue velvet ..."

When I saw the title of your thread, Claire, I thought it would be about music that invoked color in my mind as I listened. As far as that goes, there is one piece of music that immediately does that for me and that is Ferde Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite. It simply gives me chills. And the images that play in my mind just dazzle me.

Now...for the question you really asked, there's Bobby Vinton's Roses are Red (My Love) and, one of my favorites, Moody Blues' Knights in White Satin.

"Black Velvet, if you please"
"Yellow Submarine"
"Blue On Blue"

Last edited:
"The Green, Green Grass of Home", "Blue, Blue, My World is Blue", "They Call Me Mellow Yellow"

Last edited:
"Sweet Georgia Brown"

"Bad Bad Leroy Brown"

I have to laugh. I once worked with a colonel whose name was Brown. I went to a party and met his wife. I looked at her upon introduction, and she said, yes, I will never, every live this down. yes, my name is Georgia Brown. Well, heck, at least she had an "our song" built in!

I'm OK with songs that evoke colors in your mind.

One song is in the very back of my brain and won't come to the front is one about sails in the sunset. Why can't I think of it?

I'm OK with songs that evoke colors in your mind.

One song is in the very back of my brain and won't come to the front is one about sails in the sunset. Why can't I think of it?

"Red Sails in the Sunset"

Just listened to Misty Blue last night!

Oh, it's been such a long, long time,
Looks like I get you off my mind,
Oh, but I can't,
Just the thought of you,
Turns my whole world,
A misty blue.

Last edited:
We're showing our age, Claire. I recognized it right away (this time). What a blast from the distant past.

One of my favs "Nights in White Satin" - Moody Blues

"Blue Bayou"
"Silver Threads and Golden Needles" - Linda Ronstadt

"I live on a Big Blue Ball" - EmyLou Harris

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom