Comb for removing dead hair on scalp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anticuchos

Assistant Cook
What type of comb is best for removing dead hair just hanging on the scalp? Prefered if someone can show me a picture what the comb looks like.

Ayrton said:
A seriously appetizing question ...

It is in Off Topic!

Because this is kind of a simple question to answer I hope it doesn't come off as being "smart" - but just brush your hair - there is no special brush or comb - just brush or comb it and the comb or brush looks like any other brush or comb.

Unless you mean something else that's pretty much the answer you are looking for I think.

I have a plastic thing I got from Fuller Brush and it has spikes on it. It is great for the scalp and after that you can use a brush and comb.

I was thinking the same as elf, there is no special brush or comb for removing dead hair, just use any one you want.

The thing about a comb is, it does not work for me. I have fine straight hair. I can comb the same spot over and over again, and maybe, 1 or 2 dead hair will come off. If I apply mild pressure onto the hair and pull with my hands, I get like 5-7 dead hair. And the shampoo thing, it works. But the problem is, all the hair ends up sticking on my hands, shoulders, and back. Picking out hair off my body is no fun because it sticks to it when there is water. So I would like to get rid of all my dead hair before I shower. That is why I am wondering if there is any kind of special comb I can use for it.

hmm. I have fine straight hair too but don't have that problem. My sister has a real shedding problem, in the shower she collects it all on the wall and throws it out after she gets out. ha ha embarassing comment for my sis (I'm sure she'll get me back).

anticuchos said:
... dead hair just hanging on the scalp? ...

ALL hair is "dead hair just hanging on the scalp". Removing it is one of the primary functions of brushing.

Do the old "100 strokes" at bedtime and you'll be fine. Natural bristle brush is suppposedly the best for your hair.

Nature intends for this stuff to drop out so there's no logical reason why you'd have more of a "hanging on" problem than other people. Between brushing and washing you should be fine.

Nice image that hanging on the wall in the shower, though. That was the cherry this sundae needed ...

I am kind of comfused as to why you think you need to do saomething special, but since you think you do, have you considered a lice comb? The tines are very close together so that might help you more than a regular comb or brush.

Try one of those old-fashioned boar bristle hairbrushes, and brush your hair against its natural grain, so that what would normally be on the bottom is on the top as you brush.

A comb is just for styling the hair after brushing. A brush, properly used, will work from the scalp to the ends, smoothing, redistributing natural oils, and pulling out loose hairs.

anticuchos,

You might have psoriasis, or some other skin "condition". You need to go see a dermatologist or at the very least a family doctor. This might be something that needs some sort of medication.

It is very difficult for us to recommend something when obviously you have a more severe problem then what we are thinking.

Call your doctor, make an appointment, get it checked out.

Do you color your hair? It could be weakening and breaking off. But I agree with kitchenelf, I'd go to a doctor if it is so unusual.

Back
Top Bottom