Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My DD just gave me one (she did this at dinner last night)

Mustard on tuna salad

I like mustard but ON tuna salad doesn't sound good, however I do put a small amount in the dressing. When I was in the fifth grade I had lunch at a friends house who had a German mother. I really liked the Tuna Salad. This is how she told me it was made. I still make it this way today.
Tuna
Chopped Celery
Lemon juice
Mustard
Miracle Whip

Sprinkle a little lemon juice on the tuna, break up with a fork. Add Celery. Miracle Whip to taste. Before mixing add a bit of mustard about the size of a dime. Mix well.:yum:

No and no. Sorry, there is not a fruit/meat combo that works in my world. I know other folks love it, but it just is wrong for me. I keep tasting...but haven't found one that works. Last time I tried the melon/proscuitto thing all I kept thinking was, "What a waste of good proscuitto!" I peeled it off and ate each one separately.

Oh, I did forget my exception. I like Sweet and Sour Pork/Chicken.

I like mustard but ON tuna salad doesn't sound good, however I do put a small amount in the dressing. When I was in the fifth grade I had lunch at a friends house who had a German mother. I really liked the Tuna Salad. This is how she told me it was made. I still make it this way today.
Tuna
Chopped Celery
Lemon juice
Mustard
Miracle Whip

Sprinkle a little lemon juice on the tuna, break up with a fork. Add Celery. Miracle Whip to taste. Before mixing add a bit of mustard about the size of a dime. Mix well.:yum:
Yeah she used an iceberg lettuce leaf to put tunna salad in it then topped with mustard, rolled it up then was dipping in more mustard. YUCK

Oh, I did forget my exception. I like Sweet and Sour Pork/Chicken.
I make a pretty good Sweet and Sour Pork/Chicken

img_1073596_0_3bed89494cb39125063903f7d5320881.jpg

How about a couple more.... but, they are combos I enjoy

I love to dip potato chips in ketchup

I also love to take big dill pickles and dip them into a ketchup/yellow mustard mixture

Last edited:
How about a couple more.... but, they are combos I enjoy

I love to dip potato chips in ketchup

I also love to take big dill pickles and dip them into a ketchup/yellow mustard mixture

My husband does that. But of coarse he ruins most foods with ketchup..

I don't care for ketchup on hotdogs. I hate to even see somebody do that.

Ketchup ON over easy eggs <<BRRRRRRRRRRRRR>>

I can't even look at runny yolks with ketchup

Well msmofet, that's the first time you and I have split views on food. When I eat over-medium eggs on toast, I love to pop the yolks and spread them all over the toast with ketchup on them.

Put about a half pouund of spicy sausage on the side and I'm in Pig Heaven!:pig::pig:

msmofet said:

The runny eggs and ketchup provide the perfect dipping vehicle for the toast (with butter and strawberry jam). And a big rasher of bacon. :chef:

The runny eggs and ketchup provide the perfect dipping vehicle for the toast (with butter and strawberry jam). And a big rasher of bacon. :chef:
I LOVE to dip toast, sausage, fried potatoes in egg yolks. BUT ketchup in the yolks makes it look like a crime scene to me. I don't mind ketchup near scrambled eggs so much. Keep the ketchup on the other side of my plate by the potatoes or corned beef hash. Sorry

msmofet said:
I LOVE to dip toast, sausage, fried potatoes in egg yolks. BUT ketchup in the yolks makes it look like a crime scene to me. I don't mind ketchup near scrambled eggs so much. Keep the ketchup on the other side of my plate by the potatoes or corned beef hash. Sorry

:LOL: Crime scene... I won't think of eggs the same again!

CSI:Breakfast.

Last edited:
pacanis said:
I'm old school. I'd prefer my breakfast Quincy, M.E.'ed

:yum:

I was going to add "bah bum", but then realized that would make it Law and Order Breakfast....

Loved Quincy!

I was going to add "bah bum", but then realized that would make it Law and Order Breakfast....

Loved Quincy!

I am oftentimes eating breakfast Sunday mornings watching that show. I never caught it when it was fresh.

pacanis said:
I am oftentimes eating breakfast Sunday mornings watching that show. I never caught it when it was fresh.

Yeah, you were just a toddler back then. Kids these days.

Loved Columbo and Kojack too.

Back
Top Bottom