Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
QUOTE=pacanis;1066865]I guess it was a bad idea as most are not adult enough to understand that not all people have the same tastes as they do and let someone else's preferences get their panties in a wad.:mad:
Patty, I'm plenty adult. And I don't wear panties.

It seems to me there is only one person getting upset here.

I think it's a great thread. It's all about personal preferences. There is no "right" or "wrong".

Let's just chill and enjoy.

I agree with Alix on pineapple on pizza. With or without ham.

Oooo! Its nice to see I'm not alone in some of my dislikes.

Pineapple on pizza
Sweet with savory is usually not good with me.
Some fruits with meat baffle me. I do not get the pork/apple thing at all

Pineapple with chicken is bad news for me. Digestively.

Thank you for replying to this thread as it was intended.:chef::chef:

Patty, I'm plenty adult. And I don't wear panties.

It seems to me there is only one person getting upset here.

I haven't seen anyone get upset. In spite of all the folks disliking fish tacos, which are wonderful in my book :chef:

Just a play on words, Patty. Don't "get your panties in a wad" :LOL:

I've never tried fish tacos. It's just my imagination that suggests I wouldn't like it.

We'll lunch at El Pelon and you will have a new love in your life.

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food/dishing/2009/07/dorado_tacos_op.html

Boston Travel Guide | Vacation Rentals | Boston Accommodations

pelontaco.jpg

Last edited:
Well we could all be like babetoo...then no one could get their panties in a wad! :angel:

I'm kinda pathetic. I like nearly every food. Its the ones I don't like that I think should never be paired with anything.

Ricotta (for example) or cottage cheese should not be used in lasagna. Yes, I know that is heresy for some of you...BRING IT! ;)

See that don't even look right, lol. Even the taco is like, "get this fish outta here!".:LOL:
ROTFLMBO!! Thank you

I love seeing that I am not alone in some of my dislikes.

Alix???????????? I agree with NO cottage cheese in lasagna but no ricotta? What if any cheese do you use in lasagna? I have heard of people putting cream cheese in lasagna and that makes me shiver. LOL

BTW PattY I LOVE this thread!! Thank you.

Alix???????????? I agree with NO cottage cheese in lasagna but no ricotta? What if any cheese do you use in lasagna? I have heard of people putting cream cheese in lasagna and that makes me shiver. LOL

Ricotta is just cottage cheese with a fancy name IMO. I use mozza and bechamel, sometimes a little provolone makes it in there too.

Ricotta is just cottage cheese with a fancy name IMO. I use mozza and bechamel, sometimes a little provolone makes it in there too.
HMMMMMMMMMM Ok. I have never had lasagna made with a white sauce. Sounds interesting.

ROTFLMBO!! Thank you

I love seeing that I am not alone in some of my dislikes.

LOL, thanks for responding. Sometimes I think I'm invisible....

Mint and Chocolate
Fish/shellfish and cheese
Oil+Acid+Egg yolk (aka, mayonnaise)

I agree with you on the fish tacos OP. They either usually have some mayonnaise-based sauce and/or cheese and you can probably gather by post/username that I am not a fan. I also don't like deep fried fish at all.

But a fried egg on stuff is killer to me. An egg over medium with a thickened but runny yolk works really really well with a bacon cheeseburger to my taste buds. It adds a layer of richness and decadence, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. A good way to make a ho-hum fast food burger into something much better.

OP how do you feel about Avgolemono soup?

Last edited:
Any kind of organ meat combined with anything makes me ill. My grandfather used to like liver-n-onions. I think grandma used to put bacon in the pan, also. Even bacon can't help the liver, in my opinion.

Ohhhh.. how can you not like hawaiian pizza, and I love fish tacos!!

I'm not a fan of chick peas on a salad. I love hummus, though.

You can dislike Hawaiian pizza if you've had it in Hawaii where it wasn't (I'm using past tense, talking 20+ years ago) Canadian bacon, but SPAM.

I'm Serious. But really, as far as I'm concerned, I like everything on pizza, but .... No Fruit, No Fish.

I also like fish tacos!

Not that I've ever heard of it, but the combo from hell would be a liver, brussels sprouts and sweet potato casserole...

Everything else here sounds pretty good!

LOVE the fish tacos!

Last edited:
The citrus in poultry thing goes back soe 30-40 years ago when I had chicken picatta somewhere and the lemon was overwhelming to me. I never add citrus to chicken as a result. Not even a couple of slices in the cavity.

I've never tried fish tacos. It's just my imagination that suggests I wouldn't like it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just the thought of it makes me want to...:sick:.

I've never heard of a food eaten anywhere on earth that I wouldn't try at least.

I love fish and I love tacos. Never had a fish taco. Never even seen them offered anywhere. When I do, I"ll try one for sure!

Some fresh squeezed orange on a piece of roasted chicken....Yum City!

Back
Top Bottom