Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jgdean, is that a mollucan in your avatar?

my dad used to drink buttermilk when he was younger. i think it was an irish thing. there's a line in a song that goes, "and the whiskey will flow like buttermilk". i guess they liked to drink a lot of either. hopefully not together. :sick:

getting back to odd combos: i've seen people get grossed out when i've had it, but i love to put mussels marinara on thin crust pizza. there goes that fish and cheese thing again. rare, but possible.

I already posted about fish and cheese together being a bad combo, but the exception I'll make is with fried calamari served with marinara. A sprinkle of Parmesan is great for that in my opinion. Probably because calamari tastes mostly like nothing, and after being deep fried and dipped in marinara the cheese and fish law breaks down at a fundamental level.

Doritos in vanilla ice cream. My husband likes it. He said there used to be a Dairy Queen in the town he lived in in Wisconsin that offered it as a blizzard flavor. It's just gross to me.

Also, chocolate and cheddar. I had a friend that loved it. Bleh.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
Doritos in vanilla ice cream. My husband likes it. He said there used to be a Dairy Queen in the town he lived in in Wisconsin that offered it as a blizzard flavor. It's just gross to me.

Also, chocolate and cheddar. I had a friend that loved it. Bleh.

:blink: Seriously? And a rousing Bleh here too for those combos.

I thought of one on the way home from work today: macadamia nuts and cookies. The nuts just seem to lose the flavor when cooked into cookies. I know lots of people love the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but to me, it is just wrong.

I keep following this thread waiting for someone to diss vinegar-flavored nose snot, and wanting to pounce on it like a snarling cat...

I don't get: pancake + fried egg + maple syrup.

spork said:
I keep following this thread waiting for someone to diss vinegar-flavored nose snot, and wanting to pounce on it like a snarling cat...

Guess I have never had nor even tried the flavor of nose snot, vinegar flavored or otherwise. Doesn't sound good.

I don't get the pancake, egg and syrup, either...But then I'm not crazy about syrup...I prefer powdered sugar on my pancakes and French Toast. NOT on my eggs.

I don't get the syrup/egg/pancake thing either. Ick! I rarely eat syrup on my pancakes either, too sweet for me.

Last edited:
eggs, yes. snotty and otherwise.

pancakes, yes. with syrup and butter, please.

add a salty, fried meat in there too. bacon, ham, pork roll, etc..

the home fries and toast are the starch that brings it all together. :pig:

I love the flavor of maple syrup with any kind of sausage. One of my favorite breakfasts was 2-2-2: 2 pancakes, 2 sausage links or patties, 2 eggs over easy. I never really noticed the eggs/syrup combo by itself.

Chips Crumbled in a Shake

jgdean, is that a mollucan in your avatar?

No, he's an Umbrella cockatoo. He likes to eat shrimp dipped in greek yougurt. He also likes the buttermilk and cornbread thing. I have to share or he makes pitiful little noises until I do.

My sister used to order a chocolate milkeshake, potato chips and french fries. She would crumble the chips into the shake and dip the fries in it. I think she had a sweet salty craving because she also like peanuts in a coke.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom