Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I will start, hoping you understand the intent.

Citrus with Poultry.
Garlic with Poultry.
Fish Taco's. :sick:
Scrambled Eggs in Rice.
Fried Eggs randomly placed on otherwise Eatable Dishes and Sandwiches.

Well, all of those are pretty good in my book, especially Fish Tacos, so I guess it's just a matter of different strokes for different folks.

Well, all of those are pretty good in my book, especially Fish Tacos, so I guess it's just a matter of different strokes for different folks.

That is why the thread title is "Combinations that just strike YOU as wrong".

None of those things strike me as wrong at all. In fact I love them.

Particularly garlic with poultry and fish tacos, which I could eat every day of my life.

Wrong .... hmmmmm... I love creative cooking and unique pairings.

Savory cooking (as in a hot dish) with cream cheese, maybe?

Anything whatsoever using Cool Whip.

Citrus with Poultry.
Garlic with Poultry.
Scrambled Eggs in Rice.

Am I clear now???

Citrus with Poultry.
Garlic with Poultry.
Scrambled Eggs in Rice.

I agree with you on citrus with poultry and fish tacos.

Also not a big fan of sweet flavors/sauces with savory dishes. e.g. brown sugar glaze on ham. fruit sauces with duck, sweet and sour Chinese dishes.

Fish Taco's - I agree

Scrambled Eggs in Rice - I like scrambled egg in fried rice (NOT scrambled WITH the rice IN the eggs, scrambled separately THEN added to the fried rice)

Garlic in mashed potatoes :sick:

That is why the thread title is "Combinations that just strike YOU as wrong".

Starting threads like this without trying to step on anybody's toes because they like something that you don't.

A combination that will likely not work.

:LOL:

I agree with you on citrus with poultry and fish tacos.

Also not a big fan of sweet flavors/sauces with savory dishes. e.g. brown sugar glaze on ham. fruit sauces with duck, sweet and sour Chinese dishes.
I agree with sweet ham but I love Homemade Sweet and sour chicken and pork since I started making it and it is more a balanced flavor.

Pineapple and ham on pizza :sick:

I love Moroccan chicken with lemons and olives. And I'll take you for some kickass fish tacos here some day. :)

The citrus in poultry thing goes back soe 30-40 years ago when I had chicken picatta somewhere and the lemon was overwhelming to me. I never add citrus to chicken as a result. Not even a couple of slices in the cavity.

I've never tried fish tacos. It's just my imagination that suggests I wouldn't like it.

Oooo! Its nice to see I'm not alone in some of my dislikes.

Pineapple on pizza
Sweet with savory is usually not good with me.
Some fruits with meat baffle me. I do not get the pork/apple thing at all

Pineapple with chicken is bad news for me. Digestively.

The citrus in poultry thing goes back soe 30-40 years ago when I had chicken picatta somewhere and the lemon was overwhelming to me. I never add citrus to chicken as a result. Not even a couple of slices in the cavity.

Sounds like me and vodka ... :wacko:

I'm also a fan of chicken and lime, particularly spicy with some cilantro.

I've never tried fish tacos. It's just my imagination that suggests I wouldn't like it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Just the thought of it makes me want to...:sick:.

Citrus with Poultry.
Garlic with Poultry.
Scrambled Eggs in Rice.
I like ALL of these things - especially Fish Tacos - but I guess I might just be wrong. :ermm:

Well, here are a few on my list...

-Trout Ice Cream (I think I saw this once on Iron Chef)
-Chicken and waffles
-Neon green (or pink) Jell-o salads

Last edited:
OMG TROUT ice cream???? :sick:
That's as bad as garlic ice cream or a mushroom latte. (Sorry to the Golden Chefer who created that, it made me feel a bit queasy to think about)

QUOTE=pacanis;1066865]Starting threads like this without trying to step on anybody's toes because they like something that you don't.

A combination that will likely not work.

:LOL:[/QUOTE]

MY intent for this thread is "I" thought it would be fun for people to post their personal dislikes with out getting their feelings hurt and defend their person preference that someone else dislikes. I guess it was a bad idea as most are not adult enough to understand that not all people have the same tastes as they do and let someone else's preferences get their panties in a wad.:mad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom