Combinations that just strike you as wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chopper said:
Mmmmm...dreamsicle! I love orange and cream!

Sure don't like cucumbers pickled in any way. They are great just the way they come out of the garden.

Love 'em both!

Man, I hate to keep going back to it, but anyone who hasn't had a PROPER fish taco is doing themselves a great disservice. If you like seafood, in anyway shape or form, I don't understand what the turn off is. Grilled Mahi, Soft Flour Tortilla, shredded cabbage, Baja "Ranch" and some Pico, finish with lime. Good lord so good, and healthy.

If beverages can be included(don't want to upset OP), I can't get into SoCO and lime. I have friends that LOVE it, I think it tastes like cough syrup. Ewww. Also, Jameson and Guinness. Fine as individual drinks, mixed is a no no for me.

TATTRAT said:
Man, I hate to keep going back to it, but anyone who hasn't had a PROPER fish taco is doing themselves a great disservice. If you like seafood, in anyway shape or form, I don't understand what the turn off is. Grilled Mahi, Soft Flour Tortilla, shredded cabbage, Baja "Ranch" and some Pico, finish with lime. Good lord so good, and healthy.

If beverages can be included(don't want to upset OP), I can't get into SoCO and lime. I have friends that LOVE it, I think it tastes like cough syrup. Ewww. Also, Jameson and Guinness. Fine as individual drinks, mixed is a no no for me.

Ok, I'll have one. Hold the ranch! I have never tried a fish taco because I don't like what they put on them. I bet the fish is ok.

irish car bombs are deadly, tatt. i got sick on whiskey as a kid, so all whiskey drinks are out for me.
oddly enough, though, as i don't like coffee either, i like irish coffees. go figure.

hey, along your ancestry, i'm not a big fan of dark and stormys.

Last edited:
irish car bombs are deadly, tatt. i got sick on whiskey as a kid, so all whiskey drinks are out for me.
oddly enough, though, i as i don't like coffee either, i like irish coffees. go figure.

hey, along your ancestry, i'm not a big fan of dark and stormys.

lol, See, D&S's can be deadly too, and make for a hangover of legendary status!!

Only time I drank coffee regularly was living in Holland. Something about the way they do it, just amazing. I do NOT like the combo of coffee and orange zest.

TATTRAT said:
Man, I hate to keep going back to it, but anyone who hasn't had a PROPER fish taco is doing themselves a great disservice. If you like seafood, in anyway shape or form, I don't understand what the turn off is. Grilled Mahi, Soft Flour Tortilla, shredded cabbage, Baja "Ranch" and some Pico, finish with lime. Good lord so good, and healthy./QUOTE]

Yess! We have them daily when we're in Mexico! Crispy fried chunks, or bbq'ed bits, or deep fried, battered or not, or a small fillet, grilled, there are so many versions! A schmear of beans on a soft tortilla with queso fresco, cilantro, and salsa, squeeze of lime, heaven!

Last edited:
what about grated cheese on linguini alla vongole, sir loin?

that's about the only fish dish that i add cheese.

I'm obviously with you on fish tacos. They are a huge favorite of mine.

Irish car bombs/Belfast car bombs are a shot of Jamesons in a pint of Guiness with a bailey's floater. Now that's a combination I'll pass up.

Hell, no shame in my game, I love a McDonalds fillet of fish about 4 times a year, and it isn't the same without a slice of american cheese.

jenny, i never had one with baileys. but that would be like adding tnt to a nuclear bomb. i'll pass as well.

I know there are exceptions but for me.

Fish and cheese
Pork and fruit
Fish and lemon squeezed on it
Miracle whip and anything
Marshmellows,jello and fruit
proscutto and melon
+1

I did once try the combo of watermelon and blue cheese after seeing it on a top chef season. . .in theory, I could understand how it made sense. . .in my mouth, I wondered why I put it in there.
:sick:

about the only combos i dislike are orange and cream, like a creamsicle, and i don't like cranberry with dairy, or drinking juice after brushing my teeth. :sick:
+1

babetoo said:
dreamsicle one of my favorite. very refreshing.

I remember, as a bartender, there was a drink with Peach Schnapps, Amaretto, cream, perhaps some vodka, and orange juice, that was also called a Dreamsicle. Really good!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom